• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD Simplistic Mosfet HV Shunt (The Simpler Simplistic Design by Salas)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Quangaho, I've mountde the salas shunt regulator on your board.

220+220 V in (only D10+D12 mounted)

IRF9610 as Q1 and IRF840 as Q3 MJE350 Q2 and 2sk170

33 ohm R1 and 56K R3

leds are on but I get only 1/4 of v in and about 50v out. Q1 and Q3 being very hot in few seconds, also with no load

In according to salas suggestions, I tried all 2sk170 I have. Also changed ALL transistors, the regulator still doens't work, always just about 50 volts v-out.

There's any trouble with your board? Do you have any suggestions how to solve this problem?

I 've used your scheme

Attachments

• Senza nome.gif
    Senza nome.gif
    121.8 KB · Views: 546
SSHV to be safe and protected 840, MJE, K170, so before you installed the CCS and Trimmer. When adjusting the output voltage stability, the rest continue to mount (shunt): 840, Mje350, k170.
It is the simplest way.

Quan I have checked and mounted the 1N383B as you said.

220+220 centre tapped vin (about 300 volts CC after the filter) and still 50 vout of the regulator over 20K load resistor.

The IRF9610 being hot in a while, R1 33ohm.

Due I have changed all transistors (four times) I got and it still continue to not works, please, post the tensions in the critics point to check were is located the prob. The rectifier stage is working, I have 300 vcc, the problems is the regulator, e due it is queite different of the original salas one, help me to solve it.

Maybe the quality of transistors? Can you sell me a kit of transistors please? It's not possible it still continue to won't work :(

Attachments

• DSC_3651.jpg
    DSC_3651.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 503
  • DSC_3652.jpg
    DSC_3652.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 459
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Quan I have checked and mounted the 1N383B as you said.

220+220 centre tapped vin (about 300 volts CC after the filter) and still 50 vout of the regulator over 20K load resistor.

The IRF9610 being hot in a while, R1 33ohm.

Due I have changed all transistors (four times) I got and it still continue to not works, please, post the tensions in the critics point to check were is located the prob. The rectifier stage is working, I have 300 vcc, the problems is the regulator, e due it is queite different of the original salas one, help me to solve it.

Maybe the quality of transistors? Can you sell me a kit of transistors please? It's not possible it still continue to won't work :(

I had a lot of troubles with the Zener. Changed it and changed and tested (j)fets and bjt twice on a devicetester. Everything tested ok except the Zener. So, since I had more 9610 than 5WZener, I tried it without the Zener and.......it worked properly. Seems that I was too stupid to mount a Zener in the right way. Since it worked and is still working I don't mind.

Zener burnt and had a R=20 then, so obviousely it couldn't work.

Regards

Ernst

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.