• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD Simplistic Mosfet HV Shunt (The Simpler Simplistic Design by Salas)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think for such a big group buy some more beta testing is required, particularly if a component that does not function as expected.

I think it would be better to get a small group of say 10 people that will build quickly to test. even thoguh people would be waiting, its much safer this way

I think for such a big group buy some more beta testing is required, particularly if a component that does not function as expected.

I think it would be better to get a small group of say 10 people that will build quickly to test. even thoguh people would be waiting, its much safer this way

It is a great OPINION, however PCB QUICK TO SEND TO THE MEMBERS ARE expensive! YOUR COMMENTS ARE NOT WHAT?

I WILL NOT DO BEFORE YOU TEST FOR 10 PCB, PCB ORDER WHEN I AM OK!

All pay

Hi all! i get total 55 PCb.
You can se you pay in the image. Im very sory pot it, because I do not known your nick in DIY can you sent me your nick, i can update.
Thank Quanghao

Attachments

• Simpler-Simplistic-to-SL.jpg
    Simpler-Simplistic-to-SL.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 494
Hi there,

adamus said:

I think he has a point and do not understand your response.

thanks,
sp

I just added 2 pcb for me.
Please Update the list yourselves when you type:
1. Jogi = 2PCB
2. qusp= 2-3PCB
3. Bas Horneman = 2 PCB
4. hihopes = 2PCB
5. guglielmope = 2PCB
6. Ryssen = 2PCB
7. kstlfido = 6PCB
8.cygnus x1 = 8PCB
9. regal = 4PCB
10. le`flu = 4 PCB
11. vgeorge = 2 pcb
12.jameshillj = 2 pcb
13.dodo = 1 pcb (one)
14.normundss = 2-3 PCB
15. stoolpigeon 4 PCB
16. Nikon1975 = 2 PCB
17. Back out
18. boudy = 2 PCB
19. Yunick = 1 PCB
20. JimS = 4PC
21. Cambe = 3 PCB
22. av-trouvaille = 6-8 pcb
23. Jean-Charles = 4 pcb
24. Ferrari = 4 PCB
25. piero7 = 2 pcb
26. Zekk needs ONE
27. Joshua_G = 1 PCB
28. ernesternest 2 PCB
29. wobii = 2 pcb
30. Jaap = 2 pcb
31. noizas = 3 pcb
32. housing = 2 pcb
33. h-wan = 1 pcb
34. ichiban = 1 pcb
35. Adamus = 1 pcb
36. mikel_ann = 2 pcb
37. flyboi = 2 pcb
38. ims = 1 pcb
39. touchdown = 1 PCB
40. grufti = 2 PCB
41. tassosk = 1 PCB
42. TS Lo = 2 PCB
43. samoloko = 1 pcb
44. presbel _ 2 pcb

Last edited:
sorry i'm in a rush and cannot find payment details, I did not follow this thread lately, but I would still like to take my position. I too wonder if it is best to send out for test by people other than yourself for fresh eyes and different perspective. please do not take as an insult, just with such a large GB and with some inconsistencies, this is usually a good time to regroup. the design is obviously very good and has good heritage, but if there was issues with parts choice and placement on such a large GB, I would not want to be you.

just my 2c and again, please do not take this the wrong way.

I think the filament supplies could easily be tuned for 3v3 or 1v2 dac supplies yes?please let me know where to pay, but I must transfer some money to my visa debit so will not make payment for ~1-2 days. is that OK? I still have place?

With the two reg boards laid end to end as on your single PCB what is the distance from one end of the first board IRF9610 to the second board IRF9610? This determines how long the heatsink needs to be if we're trying to use a single sink for two boards.

The heatsick follow mA you need, I can set to chassis
You can se the Salas last i use for my Pre, one chanel need 80mA, i set I total 100mA!

Attachments

• Board-Salas-shunt.jpg
    Board-Salas-shunt.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 493
I hope no one minds me posting this but finding big heatsinks in the USA has proven a challenge for me, especially ones that integrate with a tube chassis. With these PCB's you have to keep them and the heatsinks near the tubes not a separate enclosure. Anyway after getting outrageous quotes from several companies I found HeatsinkUSA, llc. They will cut any size you need and have fairly reasonable pricing. Integrating the heatsink seems to be the most challeging part of this project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.