OLD THREAD Simplistic Mosfet HV Shunt (The Simpler Simplistic Design by Salas) - Page 45 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Quanghao Audio Design

Quanghao Audio Design Quanghao Audio Design is a producer of DIY Audiophile Kits and PCB boards, selected from many listening tests!

Old 28th October 2010, 04:44 AM   #441
Jezza56 is offline Jezza56  Australia
diyAudio Member

HI, I have re-ordered the correct 820k resistors, have also ordered some Mundorf Supreme Caps .22uf to make the order worthwhile as the order is from the Canada.

While I am waiting for the new parts was just wondering if the resistors I used being 820ohm would this have been the culprit for my lack of volume and bass output.
Also would it have caused any damage to the other components.

Regards Jezza
Old 28th October 2010, 10:45 AM   #442
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza56 View Post
HI, I have re-ordered the correct 820k resistors, have also ordered some Mundorf Supreme Caps .22uf to make the order worthwhile as the order is from the Canada.

While I am waiting for the new parts was just wondering if the resistors I used being 820ohm would this have been the culprit for my lack of volume and bass output.
Also would it have caused any damage to the other components.

Regards Jezza
I would guess yes, if you had the zeners installed you might get lucky with the mofdets but the SK170 may be toast, if it were me I would go to mouser and order order a new set of parts otherwise you get killed on shipping one item at a time.
Old 29th October 2010, 09:18 PM   #443
diyAudio Member

Hi Regal and thankyou, it seems that the sshv is still ok, put a power resistor back into it and my voltages are still ok. Just have to wait for the other components to arrive and hopefully all will be good.

Jezza
Old 1st November 2010, 03:52 AM   #444
Bengali is offline Bengali  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi QH,

is it okay for 9610/840 FET's to share same heatsink? are those TO-220 isolating washer sufficient for HV isolation?

MJE350 also requires small heatsink?

Thanks.
Old 1st November 2010, 04:12 AM   #445
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to quanghao
[QUOTE=Bengali;2350179]Hi QH,

is it okay for 9610/840 FET's to share same heatsink? are those TO-220 isolating washer sufficient for HV isolation?

yes! can use one heatsink for them,

MJE350 also requires small heatsink?

No need!

Thanks!
Old 5th November 2010, 01:03 AM   #446
diyAudio Member

Hi, replaced the resistors in my phono but something is still not right, getting alot of background hum, and if I unplug the turntable from the input there is a very loud pulsing sound coming from the speakers, when i touch the ground of the left RCA input it cancels the pulsing but not the hum...not sure if it is coming from the sshv or the phono stage...I was hoping this was going to be an easy project, not so sure now..

i am use Mil spec components, someone suggested that I may have damaged Q4 the 2SK170, but if this was the case would i still get proper voltages on the output?

Any input is appreciated as I am still a newb here.

Jezza
Old 5th November 2010, 03:56 AM   #447
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi, replaced the resistors in my phono but something is still not right, getting alot of background hum, and if I unplug the turntable from the input there is a very loud pulsing sound coming from the speakers, when i touch the ground of the left RCA input it cancels the pulsing but not the hum...not sure if it is coming from the sshv or the phono stage...I was hoping this was going to be an easy project, not so sure now..

i am use Mil spec components, someone suggested that I may have damaged Q4 the 2SK170, but if this was the case would i still get proper voltages on the output?

Any input is appreciated as I am still a newb here.

Jezza
HI! q4 2sk170 in this case , not died , Because you still get 200v v-out!

Check all GND, and conect GND to the Turntable .
My be That phenomenon file. now lift your head out of the capacitor connected directly to the PCB and see Amplifier has been this phenomenon?
Old 5th November 2010, 08:23 AM   #448
diyAudio Member

Hi Quang, Thats what I thought also about Q4, what I was wondering though is that although I am getting correct v-out could there be noise or oscillation coming from the SSHV. I donot have an occilloscope so I cannot tell if the oscillating noise is coming from SSHV or the phono stage. I donot understand what u mean about the capacitor could u please clarify, do I isolate one of the capacitors to see if the problem still exists.
Regards Jezza
Old 6th November 2010, 04:26 PM   #449
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Quang, Thats what I thought also about Q4, what I was wondering though is that although I am getting correct v-out could there be noise or oscillation coming from the SSHV. I donot have an occilloscope so I cannot tell if the oscillating noise is coming from SSHV or the phono stage. I donot understand what u mean about the capacitor could u please clarify, do I isolate one of the capacitors to see if the problem still exists.
Regards Jezza
You se that!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Huong-dan-lam-Phono-hi-end-.jpg (176.9 KB, 298 views)
Old 29th November 2010, 11:12 AM   #450
diyAudio Member

Default kits

Hi:

Any kits left?

Please Letme know.

Hide this!Advertise here!