• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD Hi-end phono preamplifier by Andrea Ciuffoli

Finally !

I don't post often here, but after much deliberation, I'm quite pleased with the completion of this D3A project !

I'm using the Broskie's Janus Regulator to power the phono stage for now. I began with Russian K75-10s bypassed with Teflon FT-1s. The bass sounded boomy. I had some AmpOhm Tinfoils PIOs for another project but I decided to try it out here. I'm must say, the caps sound good in this circuit. I finally upgraded one of the caps in the RIAA network to Russian Silver Micas.

I haven't had a chance to hook it to my turntable in my main system, but I've been testing using the iPhone thru the Hagerman's iRIAA. The phono stage sounds good across the frequency range, but I will only be able to do any sort of critical listening once I hook it to my vinyl rig.

B+ 193V with load
DSC_0077.JPG

K75-10 PIOs in coupling stage
DSC_0080.JPG

Playing Gotan Project from iPhone thru Hagerman's iRIAA
DSC_0083.JPG

AmpOhm TinFoil PIOS
DSC_0084.JPG

Russian Silver Mica in RIAA network
DSC_0094.JPG

I have a Hammond box that I am going to enclose the Phono Stage and connect it to the Janus via an umbilical. I also have the Salas Regulator that I plan on building and tieing all this together in a single chassis but that will have to wait. For now, I'm a happy camper !:D

Last but not the least, much thanks to Andrea and Quanghao for their good work ! :cheers:

Hello,
I tried to place a order on your web site today but was unable to complete the order . Web site said there were no shipping options to send the order to Glen Head ,NY USA. is this true or can I order the circuit boards. I also tried to order the PP amp boards.
Bob Adamo

Hi! Have problem from my web??
quanghao.com
thanks your help!
Quanghao

Hello,

I am starting to build mine, bit by bit, it will take time but I hope to come around it at the end.

Small questions for PSU:
- Could following replacements IRF840 -> IRF830?
- How big should be 33Ohm resistor to have only 10-20mA just for testing of the shunt?
- Are leds red, green...?
- Where to find 56k 5w?

Thank you in advance,
Pred

Hello,

I am starting to build mine, bit by bit, it will take time but I hope to come around it at the end.

Small questions for PSU:
- Could following replacements IRF840 -> IRF830?
- How big should be 33Ohm resistor to have only 10-20mA just for testing of the shunt?
- Are leds red, green...?
- Where to find 56k 5w?

Thank you in advance,
Pred

Hi ! Do you can see in circuit

Attachments

• Cricuit-'Simpler-Simplistic.jpg
    Cricuit-'Simpler-Simplistic.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 474
Thank you for more precision,

btw, I do not see zeners in this schematics? Also what about IRF840, I have some IRF830 so I was wondering. I see I can use 47k 5W since we are under 300V? This is quite different, then what we have in your older post...

Regards,
Pred