• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are the four choices. All within the same core size range.

Fig 1 is a bare coil, 9.3 kg flux load with copper strap wrapped around coil and adjacent core.

Fig 2 is the same mounted within one piece end bells

Fig 3 is full shielding and 9.7 kg flux load. Channel frame mounting.

Fig 4 is a bare coil, 9.3 kg flux load with copper strap wrapped around coil and adjacent core. Channel frame mounting.

Attachments

• DAC power transformer footpri...pdf
    37.9 KB · Views: 139
Here are the four choices. All within the same core size range.

Fig 1 is a bare coil, 9.3 kg flux load with copper strap wrapped around coil and adjacent core.

Fig 2 is the same mounted within one piece end bells

Fig 3 is full shielding and 9.7 kg flux load. Channel frame mounting.

Fig 4 is a bare coil, 9.3 kg flux load with copper strap wrapped around coil and adjacent core. Channel frame mounting.

one 9.3 kg???
it is very heavy!

On another note - OSCON SP 47uF/16v caps.

Through my company I was able to buy a bag of them. I'll have around 50 to sell as its too many for me to use. This is directly from a distributor so no worries about being knock offs.

Its probably a best deal for NA/SA since Farnell as explained earlier sells them is small quantities in England.

Farnell sells them for $3.90 ea plus s/h

I will sell them for $2.00/ea plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.

Again these are the Audio Grade SP versions. Other versions such as SA, etc are not the audio grade.

On another note - OSCON SP 47uF/16v caps.

Through my company I was able to buy a bag of them. I'll have around 50 to sell as its too many for me to use. This is directly from a distributor so no worries about being knock offs.

Its probably a best deal for NA/SA since Farnell as explained earlier sells them is small quantities in England.

Farnell sells them for $3.90 ea plus s/h

I will sell them for $2.00/ea plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.

Again these are the Audio Grade SP versions. Other versions such as SA, etc are not the audio grade.

you have a foto of the caps, I´ve bought on Ebay and the seller says they are SP, but I didn´t see nothing declared on the cap like SP, only a G?

Klaus

The lettering should be gold. I don't have them yet. When I get them I'll photograph them. For now look at partsconnexion... Capacitors_Electrolytic_Sanyo_Oscon

I also bought some a while back after being told they were SP, but they're not. They have a G and the lettering is gray. All SP have gold lettering to my knowledge. SP is the only one specifically for Audio in the organic series.

The lettering should be gold. I don't have them yet. When I get them I'll photograph them. For now look at partsconnexion... Capacitors_Electrolytic_Sanyo_Oscon

I also bought some a while back after being told they were SP, but they're not. They have a G and the lettering is gray. All SP have gold lettering to my knowledge. SP is the only one specifically for Audio in the organic series.

Mine a like the gray ones you´ve bought, now I saw another offering them like SA. There are a lot of sh... goods and sellers on Ebay:mad:.

Reserve 10 for me, please.

Regards

Klaus

Hi phrarod!
you can make groub by Os-con 47uF Sp in this topic???

Many member like it!
Thank
http://www.quanghao.com

I'm almost sold out already. Let's see how this first run goes. In the past I've made group buys for other forums and got stuck with product when people backed out. If enough people really show an interest I'll try to do it again.

I want to help the DIY community. Just be aware that if people pay by paypal which is the easiest for everyone the buyer has to cover the paypal fees. 3.5% US and 5% international. I hate it too but its not in my control. Shipping of course is extra.

Since these are no longer made and the only other kind is Black Gate which are no longer made (I prefer OSCON myself) it makes sense to stock up on these. I'm surprised no one has filled the vacancy by BG and OSCON but its been several years. Maybe it just doesn't pay for such a small market?

Ok, Quanghao.

I think there should be two group buys. One for transformers. O-netics really is superior transformers. If you're not familiar with them do a search. Never a bad word. As most of you know PSU is 75% of the whole equation. I already have the same setup as Quanghao is selling BUT I have the old AN board with only three power inputs. I'm rebuilding the board specifically because of the implantation of the Salas power supply.

Everyone can set it up and pay Bud. I would imagine he would want a deposit so he doesn't end up winding PT's that end up on the shelf.

Everyone interested in more OSCON 47/16 caps PM me. If it looks like there's serious interest I will order another round.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.