• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got the mine playing tonight ! Very impressed by the sound.

I have around 5.3 V on the input of the DAC. Is that enought ? I cannot raise it more.

Good project !! I like all these little modules to play around.

Davide

Hi, Good work!

Please post some pictures :)

Regarding 5.3V..
What is your resistor value for R13 on salas shunt?
Also measure gate - source on the last mosfet. It should read around 4V. If not you need to lower the R13 resistor value.

Best Regards
David

Last edited:
This is a picture of the working prototype.

I used one transformer with two secondaries for +-5V one for +5V.

The black small one is a 5H choke and the black big one is the power transformer for HV. this is temporary.

Still did not understand the right position for the jumper, and how many regulators and filament supply I should use.

BR,

Davide

Attachments

• IMG_2577.JPG
    IMG_2577.JPG
    687.7 KB · Views: 397
This is a picture of the working prototype.

Still did not understand the right position for the jumper, and how many regulators and filament supply I should use.

HI,

Thanks for the picture :)

If you want the signal to be in phase you need to connect a jumper between 2 and 3. If not. Use 1 and 2.

Your prototype seems to be complete to me.

Nice work with the shunt reg for the tube stage!

Best Regards
David

Very nice!

I see you have Wima on the output of I/V. how do you like them?

I tried RIFA PHE426 1µf and liked it very much.

You have some good time ahead trying different mods :)

Best Regards
David

I like them, I'm surprise how well it plays. I want to try some Russian OTK PIO caps later on. I did A-B with my Y2 DAC and found that when using terminal blocks L input channel on I/V is R and R is L. Photo on my previous post is correct.
I also had jumper set to 1-2, I changed to 2-3.

I thought I should post some pictures of my build.

I did as Adamus recomended and removed the inductors and added the "led-mod". I listened to the DAC standard and to me these mods made it suit my ears better.

I tried both E182CC and 5687 and prefer the E182CC. Also use Sprauge Hyrel Q 1µf output caps.

To me this DAC easily beat my old parallell tda1543 dac.

Thanks Quang hao, Andrea and Salas. Also thanks to everyone who contributed in this thread!

Attachments

• IMG_1167_Small.JPG
    IMG_1167_Small.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_1168_Small.JPG
    IMG_1168_Small.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_1169_Small.JPG
    IMG_1169_Small.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 584
NOS E182CC Mullard

I got my DacEnd up and running yesterday. I had day off today and I'm playing music all day. I'm enjoying very much. I'm running with GE JAN 5687WB, I want to try E182CC. Where preferably in US I can get E182CC for reasonable price ?
I found on ebay:
"6N6P Double Triode, It is direct replacement of ECC99,E182CC"
but it's not, correct ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.