• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Andrea,

What is that green pcb on top of the I/V board? Is that a modification to your DACend2? On this attached photo, are you using the E182CC?

I noticed that your not using filters and bypass caps. So maybe this is the way to go.

Attachments

• DACend.JPG
    DACend.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 398
Hello Andrea,

What value of the output capacitor and Rload are you using? What's the minimum voltage of the output capacitor? Is 200V OK?

Regarding the jumper on the DAC board, is it correct to hard wire pin 1 & 3 and leave pin 2 untouched?

Thanks for your response in advance.

housing

200v is not ok.

you should always spec the output cap to be B+ with an extra margin. you need 300v or more caps. if something goes wrong you want the output cap to survive. You do not want 260v going to your next piece of kit!

Andrea is using a different operating point for the CCS. Using a CCS allows you to pick different operating points due to the horizontal load line created (Constant Current, so horizontal). The plate voltage is then just set by the grid bias.

for normal (not using the extra CCS PCB) then the 90v plate voltage is more suitable.

Last edited:
200v is not ok.

you should always spec the output cap to be B+ with an extra margin. you need 300v or more caps. if something goes wrong you want the output cap to survive. You do not want 260v going to your next piece of kit!

Andrea is using a different operating point for the CCS. Using a CCS allows you to pick different operating points due to the horizontal load line created (Constant Current, so horizontal). The plate voltage is then just set by the grid bias.

for normal (not using the extra CCS PCB) then the 90v plate voltage is more suitable.

Hello Adam,

Thanks for your explanation. I think I understand now. :)

Fred,
where you don't see "filters and bypass caps" ?

Andrea,

Sorry, I meant L1 and L2 was omitted as well as C4, C5, C9 and C10.

Would this heater power supply for the phono preamp applicable to the DACend? The 2.2ohms resistors and the bridge rectifier are too hot, can't stand it. This might be better that the original one. Please advise.

Attachments

• Cricuit-SSHV-for-PhonoASH.jpg
    Cricuit-SSHV-for-PhonoASH.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.