• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AD1865n-k

Need your help about AD1865N-K

The white printing is from Digikey
The gold printing was another printing or fake ?

Please Help me

Attachments

• DAC.jpg
    DAC.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 417
  • 170445707741.jpg
    170445707741.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 416
Register Now

Im in for 2 pcs AD1865 N-K
will be 3 if i build andrea DAC :D

AD 1865N-K Group Buy by HOUSING
1. Pocoyo 2 pcs
2. FredLock 1 pcs
3. Housing 1 pcs

Total GB : 4 pcs minimum order must 15
Will buy from DIGIKEY not from CHINA

Last edited:
My mistake...perhaps this is the right way to load the heater to adjust the voltage to 6.3V....3 resistors in series....please correct me if i'm wrong...

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thank you very much for clarifying this. So what is the right way of testing the HV? If anyone can make a similar drawing I will be very thankful.

After comparing three DACs with some people, they all choose my old DAC with AD1865 with different tube setup.

I think in this project the I/V tube stage can be improved.

The bottom line is: this DAC costed three times the old one, it's far more complicated and it does not reach the performance of my old one.

Good lesson.

Attachments

• DSC07093.JPG
    DSC07093.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
After comparing three DACs with some people, they all choose my old DAC with AD1865 with different tube setup.

I think in this project the I/V tube stage can be improved.

The bottom line is: this DAC costed three times the old one, it's far more complicated and it does not reach the performance of my old one.

Good lesson.

So where to now??

Are you gonna try and upgrade this dac or I/V tube stage to improve its performance?

do the led bias mod, it makes a very good impact.

cathode bypass caps to my ears sound a little confused and muddy.

Replace the anode resistors with a CSS or gyrator (the later i have not tried). 7.5ma is a little too low on the 5687's, 12ma + is a good idea to be linear.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.