• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anybody found suitable tranfromers? If so, please reveal the source! Thanks!

Transformer for Power Supply I/V Stage (Anode + Heater)
Part Number:
R80-36 primary (0-110) x 2 /SCN: scondary (260-230-0-230-260)(200mA), 2.5-0-2.5(3A), 3.15-0-3.15) X 2(3A)
For the heater series 2.5+2.5+3.15 (make sure 2.5 and 3.15 are in phase or you will have 1.85V).
Here is the link:
DIYCLUB

Transformer for Salas Shunt board (you need 2 10VA transformers):
Any 220-240 / 9+9V 10VA transformer (toroidal if possible). You can find it at any electronic parts shop.

I recommend use one 9+9 for Analog +5 and -5 rail and another identical 10VA transformer for +5 Digital

For digital input transformer Murata DA101C available from Farnell $5

Go to page 56 and see my quote. I hope it helps.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Transfconn.jpg
    Transfconn.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 415
I'm using the jj, only £10.

I'll be using obbligatos in the critical film positions. I may also look at tube rectification, a bit of air wiring will be needed. I'll try the solid state at first of course.

Adam,
Please give me your opinion regarding all these polyester caps in parallel with Oscon and near the AD1865 and CS8141. I would prefer MKP instead MKS. I've got some axial polystyrene 33nF to mount vertically. I bought some Vishay BC MKS but I don't feel confident to solder them. I excluded any Wima.
Also those cheap ceramic capacitor seam to work very well in some positions.

What do you recommend?

Last edited:
quanghao, my boards arrived today in good condition. They look great. Many thanks again for arranging to have them made & sending to group buy participants.

Re power transformers, in a previous post andrea suggested the following: LS70-1 (2x15V, 1x12V) & R80-55 (1x250V, 2x9V).

apelizzo, does the Murata DA101C replace, or is it an alternative for the Newava S22083?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.