• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is it possible to use a single 12v output from a transformer (at say 2a) and use this to run the entire shunt board?

Or are we better off using individual windings for the AD1865 and a separate one for the CS8414?

Also how critical is the 250v requirement onto the valves?
Could 220-250v be ok? Or is 250v an apsolute must?

Hi! agithegreat!
you can see post 540 please!

Theoretically 3 seperate is better. and seeing as the dac is overkill throughout you should stick with tradition.

I had a quote of canterbury windings for a custom toroid @ £75 shipped.

I think you will do very well to beat that with seperate transformers in the uk.

I sent a few quote requests out today to places like airlink. I'll report back. I still think custom is the way to go on this.

Theoretically 3 seperate is better. and seeing as the dac is overkill throughout you should stick with tradition.

I had a quote of canterbury windings for a custom toroid @ £75 shipped.

I think you will do very well to beat that with seperate transformers in the uk.

I sent a few quote requests out today to places like airlink. I'll report back. I still think custom is the way to go on this.

I'd agree, but the flag is a little confusing... I'm from the UK, but for the past 4 months i've been in the US, and i'm here another few months, so i'm getting it much cheaper than home :p.

In the DAC End ver. 2 we must use 265-275V to get a low distortion because many voltage are lost on anode resistors and on the anode there are about 180v.

In any case use a 220:9+9 100w for the filaments and to drive a 9+9:220 50w to get also the 220V ac of anodic voltage is ok

Yes 250V at least.

I'm getting little confused in here.. Could you deside already? :D

220VAC would be a easy find, but >250VAC is a harder one.. And how about the current? Andrea said min. 200mA, but there are 100mA in quanghao pic and 50mA here.

I'm getting little confused in here.. Could you deside already? :D

220VAC would be a easy find, but >250VAC is a harder one.. And how about the current? Andrea said min. 200mA, but there are 100mA in quanghao pic and 50mA here.

===============================================

This 100VA Transformer can be suitable for the power stage (Tubes + Heater)

R80-36 primary (0-110) x 2 /SCN: scondary (260-230-0-230-260)(200mA), 2.5-0-2.5(3A), 3.15-0-3.15) X 2(3A)

Easy to get 8.15V for heater Series 2.5+2.5+(3.15parallel) :)

Available from diyclub.biz
DIYCLUB

For Salas use three little separate transformers possibly toroidal. EI can be noisy if you don't orientate them properly inside the case . Better than a single one with 3 x 9V. They can still jam inside the same transformer. Why on the board you got 3 separate AC inputs and not one? Because you want to avoid jamming signal. So in the same way go to the end! 3 separate transformers is more Hi-End. The AD1865 is the architect of the sound. If he's drunk how can he make good sound? It's up to you.

Last edited:
For Salas use three little separate transformers. Better than single one with with 3 x 9V. They can still jam inside the same transformer. Why one the board you got 3 separate AC input and not one? To avoid jamming signal. So in the same way go to the end! 3 separate transformers is more Hi-End.[/QUOTE]

using three separate transformer is too good, but so is too expensive and unnecessary, because the shunt Salas help you do that ( the Salas shunt is exelent im sure), so just a transformer with three outputs is ok, and the best!

Transformers

secondary 0-250V(50mA) X 2, it is Ok
0-7.5V(1A) X 2 it is not ok ( filament is min 3A)
you can fin other!
thank

I think I will go for this:

For Anode and Heaters:
R80-36 primary (0-110) x 2 /SCN: scondary (260-230-0-230-260)(200mA), 2.5-0-2.5(3A), 3.15-0-3.15) X 2(3A)

For Salas Analog +5V -5V rails:
10VA PCB potted toroidal primary(0-120)x2 / SCN (0-9V 500mA) x2

For Salas Digital +5 rail:
10VA PCB potted toroidal primary(0-120)x2 / SCN (0-9V 500mA) x2

R-Core and Toroidal transformers are similar: low leakage, low chances of noise. No EI transformers here for me.

Attachments

• 100W.jpg
    100W.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 434
  • M4312 1.gif
    M4312 1.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 427
  • M4312 2.gif
    M4312 2.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
I just checked with Mark Lai today and he has not received yet from you his 4 boards and my complimentary full set as yet. Can you advise us when you sent them 29 Jan ?) and whether there is a tracking number ?

Thanks,
Patrick

hi Patrick! I alway say that: about 3-4 weeds you will get it! some PCb arrive early!
It is that you! see in the image. Im sorry I post here!

Attachments

• Gui-P.jpg
    Gui-P.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 419
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.