• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got board today, thanks for this quick GB.
One observation on DAC PCB: There is no GND groundplane
Maybe it is not needed with DAC such AD1865
Anyway it matches Andrea Ciuffoli DAC prototype

To go on.
May i haved looked at A. Ciuffoli schematic before !!!
I don't understand few things :

- Why CS8414 pin 24 (M1) is connected to CS8414/AGND and not DGND
- Why using specific regulator (TL431) for CS8414 pin 18 which is M2
as M0 to M4 is to select CS8414 mode.
- Usually LC schematic is used for digital PS for proper decoupling, here there is no L used, is there any specific reason ?

Is there any specific tweak behind schematic used ?

Hi Quang Hao,
you wrote that you´d use 6c45 as Valve.
But this is a mono-triode-Valve and the e182cc
has got double triodes.....what did you change in
circuit?
Also Andrea wrote that D3A could be used...well
this is a pentode.....how to implement this one?

Greetings Ulf

No! i dont change Cricuit of Andrea, I can by E182cc, D3a! I have 2 6c45, I used them!
You can see!

Attachments

• DAC-out-6c45.jpg
    DAC-out-6c45.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 348
Where can I buy a real, working CS8414? I bought 4 pieces from chinese seller, 1 was ok, 3 don't work. Please recommend me a reliable seller, who ships worldwide!

Last year I bought 2 from ferdsaudio on ebay and both were faulty. I asked the replacement and again were faulty. Incredible.

I then bought one here:
CS8414 CS8414CS to DIP28 (PCB adapter- SOIC28) - eBay Other, Electronic Components, Electrical Test Equipment, Business Industrial. (end time 12-Feb-10 04:54:58 AEDST)

and it works!!

Remember to always ground your soldering iron when soldering these kind of chips.

To go on.
May i haved looked at A. Ciuffoli schematic before !!!
I don't understand few things :

- Why CS8414 pin 24 (M1) is connected to CS8414/AGND and not DGND
- Why using specific regulator (TL431) for CS8414 pin 18 which is M2
as M0 to M4 is to select CS8414 mode.
- Usually LC schematic is used for digital PS for proper decoupling, here there is no L used, is there any specific reason ?

Is there any specific tweak behind schematic used ?

Sorry! I do not answer this question! thank you!

How critical are the Sanyo Os-Con caps? Can't we just use something decent like Panasonic FC's?

You could, but I would say NO because Oscon is unique (special) cap and is the best for digital signal decoupling. On the analog though you could use something else like Elna Silmic for example.
Oscon SP is best for this purpose then SH.
Oscon SP around 220uF is easy to get from eBay while I cannot find the 47uF SP 16V

Anyone can help to find Oscon 47uF 16V SP series please? I can only find SA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.