• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you want to use anybody's name, and design, in a Group Buy (including mine), which is fine, I expect the minimum decency to at least ask that person first for permission. Otherwise we can all freely use Nelson Pass xxxx, John Curl xxxx, as GB titles or further then ebay items, and I would be most interested to see what reaction you get from the moderators, and from Nelson & John.

Just that Andrea and Salas are not Nelson & John doesn't make it acceptable. You can make up for it by a sincere apology. Don't hide behind the language barrier. I don't buy that. And I don't sense any sincerety in post #46 and the like.

Best regards,
Patrick

If you want to use anybody's name, and design, in a Group Buy (including mine), which is fine, I expect the minimum decency to at least ask that person first for permission. Otherwise we can all freely use Nelson Pass xxxx, John Curl xxxx, as GB titles or further then ebay items, and I would be most interested to see what reaction you get from the moderators, and from Nelson & John.

Just that Andrea and Salas are not Nelson & John doesn't make it acceptable. You can make up for it by a sincere apology. Don't hide behind the language barrier. I don't buy that. And I don't sense any sincerety in post #46 and the like.

Best regards,
Patrick
Hi Patrick,

QH is sincere and innocent person. He's exited by an dreaming success in his effort to combine Salas Shunt power source and Andrea's DAC-End. And his whole idea was to have it shared with our community.

Agreed with you that proper asks for permission should have been made by QH to respected Salas, Andrea and Mods. As said, QH is an innocent person and being emotionally excited then I believe you can get him off for these.

Seasonal Greetings to all

Hi Andrea Ciuffoli and Salas, and All.

I had discussions with Salas and Andrea on the issue and got their
understanding. We do not see any problem now and further.
I would like to thank Salas and Andrea!!! Thank you very much!!!

Per Patrick's suggestion, I'd apologize for any time loss and
inconvenience caused to GB members by my communication. Thank you
Patrick for your push for the refinement in the forum.

To all, please note me of your needs for printing list. Merry
Christmas and Happy New Year.
Quanghao

Last edited:
Use DAC-End

Attachments

• Use-DAC-END.jpg
    Use-DAC-END.jpg
    679 KB · Views: 934
Seasons Greetings from Vietnam

Hi Patrick,

QH is sincere and innocent person. He's exited by an dreaming success in his effort to combine Salas Shunt power source and Andrea's DAC-End. And his whole idea was to have it shared with our community.

Agreed with you that proper asks for permission should have been made by QH to respected Salas, Andrea and Mods. As said, QH is an innocent person and being emotionally excited then I believe you can get him off for these.

Seasonal Greetings to all
I just wanted to reiterate what vancao has written. I am from the US and have resided in Ho Chi Minh City for th last 3 years. Last week, I was in Hanoi and had the pleasure to meet QH and spend a few hours with him talking about his projects. His English is pretty good and my Vietnamese suckes, but in the universal language of DIY Audio, we communicated for several hours with scribbles and drawings all over napkins and papers. It was great.

I purchased several different boards at the same time. Most are made in China and are of very high quality, so the price is really very low. I do not think when all is said and done, there is any real margin here. It is great that QH is so passionate and dedicated to sharing with all of us here. We should all be grateful. I for one had a great time visiting with QH for a few hours. It was enriching.

As Andrea and Salas seem to have no issue with this, there seems no harm, no foul. I would not be inclined to be so presumptuous as to demand an apology on behalf of others. That is for those who have standing to request such a thing. In any case, I am grateful that these boards are available to all of us. Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
DAC-END and Salas shunt

Having been well accepted by hobbists, I am now confident enough to take board orders for our community. Due to the minimum lot requirement in production from the board printer, of at least 30 sets, I’ll have to wait for all of you to confirm your need. Please read through technical data and view the pictures of assembled boards below for reference. Please also be informed that the lead time for printing and delivery is 3 weeks.

BOARD’s TECHNICAL DATA:

Material: FR4 - 1.6mm thick
Layers: 2
Board size: 95x110 mm
Copper weight: 70µm
Surfa ce finish: Immersion Gold
Soldermask: Both sides - Red
Silkscreen: Legend on top

DAC’s BOARD SET comprises:

DAC-end: 1 board
Salas-shunt regulated power source: 1 board
I/V amplification stage: 1 board
Regulated power source for I/V stage: 1 board

COST OF BOARD SET:

Board set (of 4): US$
Shipping from Vietnam: US$ 6 (surface mail)
Payment fee (PayPal) at 3.5%: US$
TOTAL: US$ 60

Please feel free to make your inquiries or request of information to my email address quanghao168@yahoo.com.vn Thank you.

Last edited:
Having been well accepted by hobbists, I am now confident enough to take board orders for our community. Due to the minimum lot requirement in production from the board printer, of at least 30 sets, I’ll have to wait for all of you to confirm your need. Please read through technical data and view the pictures of assembled boards below for reference. Please also be informed that the lead time for printing and delivery is 3 weeks.

BOARD’s TECHNICAL DATA:

Material: FR4 - 1.6mm thick
Layers: 2
Board size: 95x110 mm
Copper weight: 70µm
Surfa ce finish: Immersion Gold
Soldermask: Both sides - Red
Silkscreen: Legend on top

DAC’s BOARD SET comprises:

DAC-end: 1 board
Salas-shunt regulated power source: 1 board
I/V amplification stage: 1 board
Regulated power source for I/V stage: 1 board

COST OF BOARD SET:

Board set (of 4): US$
Shipping from Vietnam: US$ 6 (surface mail)
Payment fee (PayPal) at 3.5%: US$
TOTAL: US$ 60

A donation of $2 USD to diyAudio will be done for Board set (of 4)

Please feel free to make your inquiries or request of information to my email address quanghao168@yahoo.com.vn
Thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.