• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm starting saving money for it.....
What bout all component cost? in US $ please....

B. The price will be as followed:
On set (4PCB)
1. PCB- DAC END =$15
2. PCB- Salas Shunt For DAC=$15
3. PCB- I/V stage =$15
4. PCB- 10M45 for I/V= $10
5. Worldwide shipping: $ 5
6. paypal fee: 3,5%

Total: $62.5

You can set 2 pCb: PCb DAC-END and Salas shunt For DAC-END. Total = 36.5

Last edited:
B. The price will be as followed:
On set (4PCB)
1. PCB- DAC END =$15
2. PCB- Salas Shunt For DAC=$15
3. PCB- I/V stage =$15
4. PCB- 10M45 for I/V= $10
5. Worldwide shipping: $ 5
6. paypal fee: 3,5%

Total: $62.5

You can set 2 pCb: PCb DAC-END and Salas shunt For DAC-END. Total = 36.5

Thanks for fast response...
I think It doesn't take a long time saving for those price

======================
How much do you spent for all components (means : Chip DAC, Resistor, Caps, Jfet, Transistor etc... for a complete DAC?)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
A gift $1 for Salas contribute to diyAudio,I thank Salas very much.[/I]

Pre-Orders only at papal: quanghao168@yahoo.com.vn

Best regards to the community
Quanghao

What gift to Salas? Thanks, but please take that out. I said many times in my threads, alright, you people can make whatever I publish, or make a GB for DIY use ONLY. Have fun.

Have you actually built up one yet? To make sure that the design is indeed functional and works properly?
I would hate to have built one up later to discover that some of the traces on the PCB's were laid out wrong.

I ask because I tried to make my own 1 off PCB on this design and triple checked the scheamtic against the board I made. It was 100% correct, but yet it did not work at all.

Jeff Davison

What gift to Salas? Thanks, but please take that out. I said many times in my threads, alright, you people can make whatever I publish, or make a GB for DIY use ONLY. Have fun.

Hi Salas!
That is just $ 1, a small gift, like a my sincerest thanks to you! Hope you do not refuse to say. I do not pay for you, which I share to contribute to forum nature of exchange of learning!

I am very welcome and hospitality for all of your high spirit
Thank you very much!
Quanghao

Have you actually built up one yet? To make sure that the design is indeed functional and works properly?
I would hate to have built one up later to discover that some of the traces on the PCB's were laid out wrong.

I ask because I tried to make my own 1 off PCB on this design and triple checked the scheamtic against the board I made. It was 100% correct, but yet it did not work at all.

Jeff Davison

Hi! Why did not it work??? What cricuit you make PCB?
2 month ago, i maked 40 pcb for me and friend, they are all finis, all is good! not correct, not wrong!

You can see:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/111259-ad1865-best-dac-10.html
Post 95 or post 75

What can i help you??
thank!

Last edited:
Ok! you can see more image

Attachments

• Tong-the.jpg
    Tong-the.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,221
  • 4180767734_f69fa2605b_o.jpg
    4180767734_f69fa2605b_o.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 1,171
  • Dong-dien.jpg
    Dong-dien.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 1,272
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Salas!
That is just $ 1, a small gift, like a my sincerest thanks to you! Hope you do not refuse to say. I do not pay for you, which I share to contribute to forum nature of exchange of learning!

I am very welcome and hospitality for all of your high spirit
Thank you very much!
Quanghao

Then make the $2 donation to DIYA, $3. I learned from here too. So here you are. I don't turn you down, I just gift...my gift!:)

While I appreciate the effort of making these boards available for people here, I must say I do have an issue of someone using the names of Andrea Ciuffoli and Salas, apparently without permission and arguably for profit making purposes. I think the original "inventors" of the circuits deserves a bit more respect than what is shown here.

Just a personal opinion of a member; nothing more.

Regards,
Patrick

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
I was wondering who was going to say something. I mean, Salas gets like, what, 4% of the profit? He worked hours and hours to develop this circuit and helped so many people to get it right, from his own time. Then somebody comes and makes a healthy profit, and Salas gets 3-4%? Me thinks it's unfair to him to do this.

Salas, if you don't agree with him selling this for profit, then you should take it up with the site admins. If you're OK with it, then I retract my comments.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
As I have said in my threads, those circuits are free to make for DIY use. Then Quanghao comes up with already made boards to show in the reg threads as personal or for a couple of friends, then offers them for GB, and as I refuse any share even symbolic, Its something I don't want to further mix with. Since I don't offer my own boards for PCB wanting people, maybe its normal for people to have a chance for obtaining some if they find its a fair deal, price and quality wise. It could have been done without any mentioning, thanking, originator's name on silkscreen, or promised donation to DIYA on some Asian forum or on Ebay. When things are public domain and not officially copyrighted, I am first to know its futile and academic to try restrict, even if it was done in a much uglier way. Admins would have to be alerted only if the advertised donations to DIYA never occur for some reason, in my view. My reference is only the LV regs board, this one is a package mainly referred to Andrea Ciuffoli's work. Thanks for your kind interest about averting abuse of my (little) work.

As I have said in my threads, those circuits are free to make for DIY use. Then Quanghao comes up with already made boards to show in the reg threads as personal or for a couple of friends, then offers them for GB, and as I refuse any share even symbolic, Its something I don't want to further mix with. Since I don't offer my own boards for PCB wanting people, maybe its normal for people to have a chance for obtaining some if they find its a fair deal, price and quality wise. It could have been done without any mentioning, thanking, originator's name on silkscreen, or promised donation to DIYA on some Asian forum or on Ebay. When things are public domain and not officially copyrighted, I am first to know its futile and academic to try restrict, even if it was done in a much uglier way. Admins would have to be alerted only if the advertised donations to DIYA never occur for some reason, in my view. My reference is only the LV regs board, this one is a package mainly referred to Andrea Ciuffoli's work. Thanks for your kind interest about averting abuse of my (little) work.
Dear Salas and all. As I'm quite close to Quang Hao (QH) in Hanoi as a friend and tube hobbyists, I understand that QH came across to the DAC DIY accidentally from the actuality that we do not have quality CDP around. Most of the disc players are second or third-handed from Japan (operated 100v/60Hz) and very old. The best valuable part in those loose machines is the mechanical module. To help improve the performance of the player, QH initiated the DAC board. Lucky to QH, he got an excellent help and allowance from Adrea to use the DAC-End model. To support the DAC board, a suggestion to use Salas shunt regulated power source was made. QH naturally tested the idea with the board drawn and made by himself. The local hobbyist community welcome the test and even opened a small contest with other DAC chip recent. The result, as you saw, DAC-End with Salas shunt took the winning position. Thanks to Salas and Andrea on your perfect works.

To Salas' serious comments on QH's drive for GB, I think it's totally understandable and up to the professional standard. However, we, as the hobbyists, would think the multiple board printing is not a commercial run. Please take it purely a big help to the community to enjoy higher quality with lower cost plus funs in the soldering process.

In terms of culture and language, QH may have made you a bitter pill on the offer of funny $ sign. Please throw it out. I'll talk to QH to take the words back. Maybe, you will give him some credit later after the cultural crash.

Most of all, we are in here enjoy the great product without a sense of commercial bites. Thank you again.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Maybe its in the language barrier but I will try to put this easy:

I don't feel bad about the $1 gift line. I just say give it to DIYA. With GB's that are not my personal make and offer I don't want to mix financially at all. From DCB1's big hit GB I only got 3 prototype evaluation boards for instance.

I just recommend fair prices and good spirit. Members must always endorse the originator's boards if he offers. Else, if a GB is coming from another person, they must be careful in general, and inform any reservations or bad practice in public.

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.