Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Quanghao Audio Design Quanghao Audio Design is a producer of DIY Audiophile Kits and PCB boards, selected from many listening tests!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 05:05 PM   #1111
torsken is offline torsken  Norway
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
What about the digital bypass mod done by mister lampizator?

ad1865

"The digital input RCA is installed with a complete bypass of digital input transformer as well as the input buffer chip. I went directly by silver wire - from RCA hot to CS pin 9 (Rxp) , and from cold RCA to CS8414 pin 10 (Rxn)"

"The digital bypass. It is so audible - I can tell you - it is a real thick blanket being removed."
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 06:18 PM   #1112
flocchini is offline flocchini  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Davis,CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsken View Post
What about the digital bypass mod done by mister lampizator?

ad1865

"The digital input RCA is installed with a complete bypass of digital input transformer as well as the input buffer chip. I went directly by silver wire - from RCA hot to CS pin 9 (Rxp) , and from cold RCA to CS8414 pin 10 (Rxn)"

"The digital bypass. It is so audible - I can tell you - it is a real thick blanket being removed."
I think there are some great experiments to be performed.

I am away from my house and projects for about 3 weeks.

My plan is to remove the fiter from DAC board and put it on a separate perf board so that I can easily try other IV set-ups.

These will include Oliver's board
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group...ional-pcb.html
This is the Lampizator's set-up in which I will try the 6N2p

I will also try raindrop hui's (AD1865 ref above) tube output (miniature Raytheons)

I also have Welborne's Borbely hybrid which is set-up as a differential output. Depending what I hear with the original board and the two others I may mod it for the AD1865. It uses the 6G8M at 24V. I have also used the 6H6P at 24V in the same board but set up as line stage. Quite interesting.

I will be about 3 weeks behind all of you but will report when I am back to my home.

Thanks to all for their comments.

Best

Bob
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 11:32 PM   #1113
agithegreat is offline agithegreat  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
I desperately need a CS8414 on DIP. I bought one from ebay, being told it was soldered, which it wasn't to the converter board.
I attempted to solder it myself, but wrecked the tracks as i have no patience.
Can anyone recommend me a place, or even solder another up for me?

Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 11:36 PM   #1114
apelizzo is offline apelizzo  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
apelizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by agithegreat View Post
I desperately need a CS8414 on DIP. I bought one from ebay, being told it was soldered, which it wasn't to the converter board.
I attempted to solder it myself, but wrecked the tracks as i have no patience.
Can anyone recommend me a place, or even solder another up for me?

Thanks
Yes it's hard to solder. I've got this one from ebay and asked to solder and test for me. They done it, mounted and works.

CS8414 CS8414CS to DIP28 (PCB adapter- SOIC28) - eBay Other, Electronic Components, Electrical Test Equipment, Business Industrial. (end time 13-Apr-10 03:54:58 AEST)

Ask to solder and test it for you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 11:49 PM   #1115
agithegreat is offline agithegreat  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Thanks, it was those guys who said they'd solder it for me....


Never mind. Will the CS8412 work inplace?
I've contacted them, asking again for a soldered and tested one...
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 12:58 AM   #1116
apelizzo is offline apelizzo  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
apelizzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by agithegreat View Post
Thanks, it was those guys who said they'd solder it for me....


Never mind. Will the CS8412 work inplace?
I've contacted them, asking again for a soldered and tested one...
I believe it works but the CS8414 is an improvement of the 8412. Quanghao's friend has one mounted on his pcb
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 01:25 AM   #1117
agithegreat is offline agithegreat  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
I'll look for another 8414 then.
Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 02:20 AM   #1118
CustomHT is offline CustomHT  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by apelizzo View Post
Yes it's hard to solder. I've got this one from ebay and asked to solder and test for me. They done it, mounted and works.

CS8414 CS8414CS to DIP28 (PCB adapter- SOIC28) - eBay Other, Electronic Components, Electrical Test Equipment, Business Industrial. (end time 13-Apr-10 03:54:58 AEST)

Ask to solder and test it for you.
I proberly should have asked them to solder mine for me aswell being my first diy project and all, I just did it myself tho, seemed to turn out alright, guess wont know till dac is finished and its time to test it..
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 03:18 AM   #1119
quanghao is offline quanghao  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vietnam
OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli Send a message via Yahoo to quanghao OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli
Quote:
Originally Posted by agithegreat View Post
Thanks, it was those guys who said they'd solder it for me....


Never mind. Will the CS8412 work inplace?
I've contacted them, asking again for a soldered and tested one...
No! dont use 8412
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 03:23 AM   #1120
quanghao is offline quanghao  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Vietnam
OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli Send a message via Yahoo to quanghao OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli
Quote:
Originally Posted by apelizzo View Post
Exactly the same setup. It's the DAC End with transformer but instead of expensive transformers I've done a tube stage.
So you like DAC-end or DAC-END2???

And what do your friend say???

What tube do you like for IV of DAC-ENd2 ??

thank you!
  Reply With Quote

Reply


OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea CiuffoliHide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OLD THREAD Hi-end phono preamplifier by Andrea Ciuffoli quanghao Quanghao Audio Design 417 15th October 2016 11:42 PM
Cleo: End to End 24bit 192khz USB DAC with tube output bcherry DIY HiFi Supply 7 3rd July 2010 11:15 PM
The DAC End 2 by Andrea Ciuffoli pcb + most parts... prooptiki Swap Meet 7 31st May 2010 02:21 AM
Custom designed transformer for Andrea Ciuffoli 6c33c OTL AMP.... zxcxz Tubes / Valves 2 10th July 2009 04:14 PM
Andrea Ciuffoli Mosfet Amp DieterD Solid State 16 24th December 2001 05:56 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.00%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio
Wiki