OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Quanghao Audio Design

Quanghao Audio Design Quanghao Audio Design is a producer of DIY Audiophile Kits and PCB boards, selected from many listening tests!

Old 15th December 2009, 12:21 PM   #51
EUVL is offline EUVL  Europe
diyAudio Member

Salas doesn't even get the 1 USD.
It was supposed to be donated to the forum on his behalf ....

I leave it to the moderators.

Patrick
Old 15th December 2009, 12:42 PM   #52
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

As I have said in my threads, those circuits are free to make for DIY use. Then Quanghao comes up with already made boards to show in the reg threads as personal or for a couple of friends, then offers them for GB, and as I refuse any share even symbolic, Its something I don't want to further mix with. Since I don't offer my own boards for PCB wanting people, maybe its normal for people to have a chance for obtaining some if they find its a fair deal, price and quality wise. It could have been done without any mentioning, thanking, originator's name on silkscreen, or promised donation to DIYA on some Asian forum or on Ebay. When things are public domain and not officially copyrighted, I am first to know its futile and academic to try restrict, even if it was done in a much uglier way. Admins would have to be alerted only if the advertised donations to DIYA never occur for some reason, in my view. My reference is only the LV regs board, this one is a package mainly referred to Andrea Ciuffoli's work. Thanks for your kind interest about averting abuse of my (little) work.
Old 15th December 2009, 08:11 PM   #53
diyAudio Member

there are a few parts, which are not easy to get.

Is someone interested in a group buy for parts ?

regards Michael
Old 16th December 2009, 12:34 AM   #54
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to quanghao
Hi Salas, Hi all!
Im very very sorry! I apologize for this job. I'm really not good!
Please ignore me! Our warmest thanks!
Quanghao
Old 16th December 2009, 01:00 AM   #55
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwincantona View Post
I'm starting saving money for it.....
What bout all component cost? in US $ please....
Hi Erwincantona!
Do you need all componet of this DAC?? about cap, R..ad1865???
Thank
Old 16th December 2009, 02:22 AM   #56
diyAudio Member

I finis layout! You can see!
Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DAC-END-diyaudio.jpg (520.6 KB, 946 views)

Last edited by quanghao; 16th December 2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 16th December 2009, 05:11 AM   #57
sugden is offline sugden  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel_ann View Post
there are a few parts, which are not easy to get.

Is someone interested in a group buy for parts ?

regards Michael
Yes, if there is group buy for CS8414, AD1865 & 74HC04, count me in for one set. Thanks.
Old 16th December 2009, 05:15 AM   #58
sugden is offline sugden  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quanghao View Post
I finis layout! You can see!
Thank you!
hi guanghao, May I know when you going to start the group buy? How much is the total price?

Last edited by sugden; 16th December 2009 at 05:37 AM.
Old 16th December 2009, 06:32 AM   #59
vancao is offline vancao  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
As I have said in my threads, those circuits are free to make for DIY use. Then Quanghao comes up with already made boards to show in the reg threads as personal or for a couple of friends, then offers them for GB, and as I refuse any share even symbolic, Its something I don't want to further mix with. Since I don't offer my own boards for PCB wanting people, maybe its normal for people to have a chance for obtaining some if they find its a fair deal, price and quality wise. It could have been done without any mentioning, thanking, originator's name on silkscreen, or promised donation to DIYA on some Asian forum or on Ebay. When things are public domain and not officially copyrighted, I am first to know its futile and academic to try restrict, even if it was done in a much uglier way. Admins would have to be alerted only if the advertised donations to DIYA never occur for some reason, in my view. My reference is only the LV regs board, this one is a package mainly referred to Andrea Ciuffoli's work. Thanks for your kind interest about averting abuse of my (little) work.
Dear Salas and all. As I'm quite close to Quang Hao (QH) in Hanoi as a friend and tube hobbyists, I understand that QH came across to the DAC DIY accidentally from the actuality that we do not have quality CDP around. Most of the disc players are second or third-handed from Japan (operated 100v/60Hz) and very old. The best valuable part in those loose machines is the mechanical module. To help improve the performance of the player, QH initiated the DAC board. Lucky to QH, he got an excellent help and allowance from Adrea to use the DAC-End model. To support the DAC board, a suggestion to use Salas shunt regulated power source was made. QH naturally tested the idea with the board drawn and made by himself. The local hobbyist community welcome the test and even opened a small contest with other DAC chip recent. The result, as you saw, DAC-End with Salas shunt took the winning position. Thanks to Salas and Andrea on your perfect works.

To Salas' serious comments on QH's drive for GB, I think it's totally understandable and up to the professional standard. However, we, as the hobbyists, would think the multiple board printing is not a commercial run. Please take it purely a big help to the community to enjoy higher quality with lower cost plus funs in the soldering process.

In terms of culture and language, QH may have made you a bitter pill on the offer of funny $ sign. Please throw it out. I'll talk to QH to take the words back. Maybe, you will give him some credit later after the cultural crash.

Most of all, we are in here enjoy the great product without a sense of commercial bites. Thank you again.
Old 16th December 2009, 07:20 AM   #60
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Maybe its in the language barrier but I will try to put this easy:

I don't feel bad about the $1 gift line. I just say give it to DIYA. With GB's that are not my personal make and offer I don't want to mix financially at all. From DCB1's big hit GB I only got 3 prototype evaluation boards for instance.

I just recommend fair prices and good spirit. Members must always endorse the originator's boards if he offers. Else, if a GB is coming from another person, they must be careful in general, and inform any reservations or bad practice in public.

Regards

Hide this!Advertise here!