Supravox 215-Exec or Fertin 20EX?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any comments from Fertin and Supravox field coil owners on:

- Have you compared Fertin versus Supravox?
- What did you decide?
- Box design used?
- Favorite Amp?
- Purchase Source for drivers?
- Issues?
- Used full range or with sub/tweeter?
- What did you own before?
- What do you like about the sound?
- What do you dislike about the sound?
- Pics?
- Measurements?

I live in Southern California and fortunately, there is a Supravox dealer close by. I've heard that Fertin makes a formidable if not equal/superior driver as well. Thanks for any comments.

I just received a pair of Fertins 20EX shipped from France. I have not set them up or had the chance to listen to them. I too considered the Supravoxes, but in the end, I went with the Fertins for several reasons. As best i can tell, the Fertins are more techincally advanced. The Fertins have the following

- cryo treated silver voice coil
- carbon fiber spider
- wider frequency range. I am told it goes from 40Hz to 20Khz. No tweeter is necessary.
- Better quality. The Supravoxes had issues with the motor falling off during shipping. This has been corrected I am told.

There is very little info out there on both these drivers. The Fertin rep in Canada says his drivers are better, whereas the Supravox rep said his are better.

I did contact one individual who has listened to both. He liked the Fertins better. And from what I could gather from the various posts I came across, the Fertins seem to be a little better.

Cost wise, the Fertins are cheaper (sort of). After shipping and customs, the Fertins and the Supravoxes are about the same, give or take $100 or so.

One last comment, the build qualiy on the Fertins is amazing.

Hope this helps...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.