Recommended Power Supply (3886)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Search around and see what everyone else is using for voltage with those chips. You would use the same voltage as on a stereo amp. You could probably cheat and look at one of the manuals from one of the sites that sells 3886 kits ;)

As for VA rating, Ideally you would want 5 times the size as well, but in reality you probably won't be playing maximum output on all 5 channels at the same time, and most people tend to oversize their transformers a lot to begin with, so you can probably go a little smaller.

I'm building a 6 channel 3875 for tri-amping (tweeter, woofer, sub) and am using a 600VA transformer. I expect it to be tons more than I need.

As for where to buy from, I got mine from an ebay store, so I can't really make any suggestions there. if you search for toroid transformer, you'll see the place right away. It'll be the vast majority of the listings.

I haven't used it enough to comment on the quality, but it looks reasonable, and has been hum free, the small amount that I've played with it.

-Nick

Others and me replied in the other thread, no need to open up another one. You ask the exact same question in two different threads.

As Arx also pointed out, there's a lot about it that can be found by searching.
Don't get me wrong, I know searching takes time. But what does it take repliers to answer to questions that haven't been researched first? Right, their time... ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.