Help With a Ported Box For Kicker Comp C12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
About 6 months ago i built myselft my first proper sub based on T/S paramaters, a sealed 36L box with a Kicker Comp C12 driver.
Iwas very pleased with it, and the bass was very tight. but it just dosnt go low enough, i mean due to room acustics and sealed box, fq's blow 50hz get very weak..

i would like to build a ported box, for SPL and deeper bass. but i dont know what size box to build, ports dia'/length, tunning Fq and so on..
Iv'e been sitting on WinISD all day and i just dont know what to go with.. i would like deep bass, a low tunning Fq' with minimam group delay, and not too big of a box (max 150L)

Please help me out here..

Thanks,
David

Greets!

These low Vas drivers don't lend themselves to making a lot of real low SPL in a vented alignment even with ~150 L, but a pipe helps a bit, though the lower the tuning the higher the GD without damping it, which rolls off most of what you gained, so you can't have it both ways.

Anyway, a simple ~150 L/25 Hz MLTL gives much more gain BW than the sealed and you can add stuffing till its GD suits you and hopefully it will have enough left to justify the extra $$/effort:

L = 57.5"
W x D = 159.39"^2 min.
zdriver = 21.81"
5.5" dia. x 5 - 10" long vent near/at the bottom depending on how low you want to tune it

Sim assumes minimal 0.2 lbs/ft^3 stuffing........

GM

Attachments

• kicker c12 25 hz mltl.jpg
    kicker c12 25 hz mltl.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 82
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.