Simple pre-amp schematic needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am kind of a newbie when it comes to DIY audio. While I have built quite a few kits, I never really took the time to learn how or why these kits worked. I have a basic understanding of electronics and I can read a simple schematic. But I have decided to to learn as much as possible about how these things work and im taking a course in electronics as an elective at college right now. This has gotten me very interested in the basics and i recently built the Cmoy headphone amplifier and have been experimenting with different types of power supplies and opamps which has been a learning experience to say the least. So anyways, the Cmoy got me thinking about a very very simple pre-amp design I saw a while back, it was a minimalist design using only a dual opamp, a pot a few resistors and caps and a regulated +-12v power supply. I cant seem to find the schematic on my PC, I thought I saved it, but it must have gotten lost or erased. SO if anyone has the schematic im looking for or knows of a similar simple pre-amp circuit using opamps please let me know.
Thanks
Frank

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
hello there
i am newbie too
at the college we built a simple amplifier
using opamp see attachment

Attachments

• jackb.jpg
    jackb.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 308
padamiecki said:

Hi
if you want to go this way, go this (Evolve Power Amplifiers):

The only drawback, with that Evolve Amp
is that it is Inverting the Signal

But shouldn't be hard to make it ..... NON Inverting!

I like that schematic, padamiecki :att'n:
Very much ...
Because it is a different idea .. it it has got POTENTIAL for something really nice
:cool:

Regards
lineup

lineup said:

I like that schematic, Very much ...
Because it is a different idea .. it it has got POTENTIAL for something really nice
:cool:

Regards
lineup

... try to simulate it, you will be smashed!
without gnfb you will get very good results (simulate only transistor buffer, without tl071)!
Its quality mych depends on preamp used,
maybe Aikido from JBroskie will be good solution (instead of this opamp)?

imperfectcircle said:
Thaks guys these all look ineresting. I havent found the origional design I was looking for. But I found a design using an opa132 + buf634 and I think Im going to try this one out next. Thanks for your help and ideass.
Frank

Imperfect-O.
So what was The Original you were looking for?

Why not tell us all ;)

Thanks
lineup

ImperfectCircle...i have enormous text explaining how the GEM amplifier works

A very detailed description made to a Brazilian forum, unfortunattelly made in Portuguese.

It is long and detailed. good to understand the basic work of an amplifier, having focus in the Graham Maynard GEM amplifier.

There's a thread about Graham Maynard amplifiers, were you can find many schematics.

When understand the basics of one amplifier you will understand many others and will have tools to understand, with some effort, the most complicated ones too.

If you want, go to my personal mail...so, i will be able to upload you that giant text.

I think you can translate to your language using Internet translators...well...i do not know anyone to suggest, as i do not use them.

This is my offer, those guys in the Brazilian forum are now designing and producing modifications in amplifiers, so, the text was helpfull.

Made by someone that do not know deeply the theory, in a simple language to early beginners.

nanabrother@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

imperfectcircle said:
I still havent found the origional design I was looking for, it was a while back that I saw it. It was very simple just an opamp 2132 I beleive and a 25k pot. It was similar to the basic Cmoy headphone amp but with less gain and a regular power supply instead of batteries.

sorry, I misread.

OPA2132 at +/-12 Volt
diy preamplifier
I wonder if anybody can find this circuit in the web

I am trying with google
but not found yet :)

--------------------------------------------

Have a look a Rod Elliott website.
He has got plenty of OP-Amp Circuits.
both in PreAmplifier Projects and in his Op-Amp Articles:
Designing with Opamps - Part 1
Designing with Opamps - Part 2
Designing with Opamps - Part 3

http://sound.westhost.com/site-map.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.