Zhalou P1 Audio Power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just saw this over at diykits.com. I know that Zhalou DAC's are very popular amongst DIY'rs and given the price quoted to me as $124USD shipped to USA this may be another extreme value component to add to my system.

Here's some specs:
It's small - width just under 10", height is just over 5" and length is almost 15". It puts out 100W per channel (RMS) and can be used as both an integrated amp and a power amp. It has single-ended output circuit for CD. IEC connector for upgradeable power cords. Alps RK27 potentiometer. Seperate PCB's for power and audio. Gold RCA's and binding posts. I was told by Wu at diykits that its sonic signature leans more towards the warm side of neutral. In his words, it tries to "approach...tube sound."

There's more info. available Here at Zhalou's website via google translator. (Use IE for browser)

Now for some pics...
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Any one have this amp? Any expert comments or critiques?

During the 60s when Japanese electronics started entering the
market, we though of it a 'cheap' junk. Now I can say the same
is happening for Chinese electronics (almost everything coming off
an assembly line, or soon to be everything). Some is knock-offs and
some is original. It reminds me of the Audio Source or Denon amps
from a few years ago. Is there an audition/return policy? I don't like
to buy without hearing it in my home first.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.