Sony CDP-101 digital output? Help needed!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have a Sony CDP-101 and would like to hook this up to an external DAC if possible. The player has an "accessory" connector on the back which was to be used for graphics or some other data from the CD - see:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/DAD/CDP101/CDP101.html

Does anyone know how (or if) I can get this output to drive an external DAC?

I love this player and would like to keep on using it.

Cheers,

Chris.

I would like to revive this thread. I have a CDP-101 which is very special:
I bought it NEW in January 2014. No joke, the store had it in its cellar for 30 years. I successfully added a digital output to a Nakamichi OMS-5EII and everything is there in the CDP-101, Data / Bitclock / R-L Clock to connect a DIT4096 for providing SPDIF.
The DIT 1496 needs 19.9344 frrequency, no problem using a flip-flop for providing the standard frequencies of 8.4672 or 4.2336 for the player itself.
But it looks like the CDP-101 does not use a crystal of any of those frequencies.

Service manual states 8.6mHz and 32.5mHz (one has to look the xtals up in the circuit diagram)
Any advice?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.