Astonishing diy music

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Cohen's 'Amen', which is in the 'Old Ideas' album, has a lovely trumpet solo near the end of the song. I was very much moved by it so I wanted to know who played it.....well.... Pro Tools did. The machine must have been in a melancholic mood that day, maybe aging resistors.

Cohen says he run it through analog - which is where you get the warm sound. I'm not sure what he means because I don't have Pro Tools. It doesn't make me feel better anyways.

One of my favourite when jamming with friends..:)

Generaly everybody listen too much to the original version, there s one that has much better harmony and is the one, the best one i think, played by Kenny Garett quartet at Montreux 1995, actualy what is exceptional and i think unsurpassed is pianist Kenny Kirkland s improvisation, too bad such an exceptional musician did decease at an early age, no doubt that it s my favourite pianist , he has just too much groove, lyrism and inventivity.

Kenny Kirkland Giant Steps solo - YouTube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.