How about that, an intro category.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I didn't even realize there was an introduction category--how clever. Anyhow, I'm Jordan. I'm a computer engineer at Georgia Tech. If things go as planned, I'll get my bachelor's this spring, and begin grad school in the fall.

I've been searching for a suitable hobby for a number of years, and I think I might have found it here. I'm currently working on a passive volume control, a 4 channel gainclone, a shiva 12" sub, and some tangband w3-871s based speakers. All these projects happened within the last 3 months.. Pretty crazy right? Then again, BrianGT *is* my roommate. I guess it was bound to happen. :)

Shame I didn't find this audio stuff sooner.. Maybe I might have saved myself from a life of digital design and computer architecture.

So yeah, glad to have found this place. I'm sure you'll see me around.

--Jordan

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
JordanG said:
Then again, BrianGT *is* my roommate

and an engineer... you were doomed from the start :D

Welcome to the forum. Brian has already let us know enuff about your exploits that you seem like an old hand already.

Those TB 871s are really interesting speakers. I have to get my hands on a set of 4 to see if i can wring more out of them than the ELF 1.5 does.

dave

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
JordanG said:
So yeah, glad to have found this place. I'm sure you'll see me around.

heh.. finally got you hooked ;)

I like your new avatar. For those curious, here is the full picture that I took with my digital camera from this summer when we were studying abroad in France, and visited the Czech. Republic one weekend:

--
Brian

Attachments

• jordan.jpg
    jordan.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 94
Re: Re: How about that, an intro category.

BrianGT said:
For those curious, here is the full picture that I took with my digital camera from this summer when we were studying abroad in France, and visited the Czech. Republic one weekend.
Heh, yeah.. Its a lot more clear that I'm lost and confused in the full sized picture (rather than the icon). But that trip was a lot of fun.. I figured the diyaudio thing was a similiar situation.. You know, being really lost, but still enjoying yourself.. :)

--Jordan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.