Tweeter impedance and crossover effect - Wharfedale Evo 30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently asked for help in choosing a new tweeter for my damaged speaker. I still haven't picked which tweeter I am going with, but all potential tweeters have a 4 ohm impedance.

My speaker has a 6 ohm nominal impedance, and I am not sure what the actual impedance of the tweeter is. Would it be 6 ohm as well? Is there any way to test and determine this? IAG has not been very helpful.

The crossover to the tweeter is 2800Hz. If I put a 4 ohm tweeter in as a replacement, how does that effect the crossover point?

Tweeter Crossover

If your existing tweeter is 6 ohms,placing a 4ohm tweeter in the system using the same crossover components the crossover for the tweeter will move considerably higher.Also at the lower impedance ,output from the tweeter will also increase . You may not like the sound. There certainly are enough 6 ohm tweeters on the market-Check Parts Express on line.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.