• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

driving your power stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cool I wanted to make sure I won't get kicked out of the forum if I did:D
I was thinking about using an TI amp chip to run each channel
the only thing Is it has a 4 ohm out so I would have to use a output transformer in reverse.

Now would that raise eyebrows?

Nick

nhuwar said:
At max power 20khz it only produces 1%thd thats well bellow the audible range of humans 15%thd.

I didnt think that was to bad but if it wolud make the amp noisy I'll look for something else.

Nick

Hey-Hey!!!,
I doubt your numbers. Especially with no description of the spectral content. There will be a distinct difference in the audibility threshold depending on odd v. even, and what the decay with increasing order looks like.

I beleive you could probably pick out 1% if it were either all first even( 2nd harmonic ), or all third harmonic.
cheers,
Douglas

Bandersnatch Thats the one tricky thing. As Humans can alter what we perceive Ie "preconceived notion" You alter what you hear to be what you think you are hearing but your actually not hearing it.

And I now You and some other people will disagree but I'm going by statistics.

Also yes I have no rock soulid proof of that , it could be wrong but it also could be the mean of the detectable thd by the human ear.

But please dont think I'm telling you you are wrong because this is not quantitative data just my 2 cents.

:yikes: :yikes:

Nick

nhuwar said:
I agree 100% with you there bandersnatch deffinently why GOD gave man oscilloscope.
Can I get an amen Hallelujah praise the lord for good test equipment!!

Don't forget the brains to analyze what the test equipment shows us. Else it would just be called magic and that would be the end of it( except for the Church comming after us that is ).
cheers,
Douglas

I always wanted to make a regulator around the attached circuit.

There would be 2 of one to raise aqnd one to lower just throw a dc gear motor on a variac.
I would have the each circuit switch a relay but one spins the motor cw and the other ccw.

Dont realy know if it would work but the circuit is so cheap to build who cares.

Attachments

• protection-ckt1.gif
    protection-ckt1.gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 98
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.