HELP!! 3D Acoustic design software needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for software for acoustic simulation of loudspeakers but the trouble is that everything I found is just calculating box shapes while I would like to design a free shape in any 3D programm and then analize it for the acoustic performance. Is it possible?! What should I use for it?

By the way, I have some engineering knowledges but I am looking for something simple enough to use without having a degree in nuclear sciences.

Many thanks in advice for any help

Hi,

What exactly would you like to model?

For room acoustics I can suggest CARA (cheap)
For FEM/ BEM loudspeaker box (enclosures of any type) I would suggest PAFEC Vibroacoustics (Very Expensive)
Or teh software AkAbak which is now free but requires some knowledges.... It is like the LspCAD but without the Microcap Like UI, but with SCRIPTS!

Hope this helps,

Tamas

Oh, that's very nice to have a feedback!

Well, what I am looking for is a kind of omnidirectional loudspeaker for my garden. The idea is to orient the speaker down, and to use a kind of a acoustic mirror under the box. But I don't know if such a thing iwould be able to sound. Do I need several HF speakers at the top or they can also work on sound reflection for the cone?

So, what software I can use to simluate the function of this stuff, more precisely to calculate a right volume for the box AND the right shape for the acoustic mirror at the bottom?

Attachments

• casse 001.jpg
    casse 001.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 115
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.