PHL in class AB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I find the simplicity of this design appealing, but am not happy with the environmental destruction wrought by Class A afficionados (excepting those who live in cold climates and need to keep their gluhwien warm). IOW, I'm too tight to buy a big PS trannie.

I wonder how the PLH would work run in class AB,
and whether there is sufficient adjustment available in the current circuit, or would some changes to the bias chain be required?

Cheers,
Pete McK

I made 2 of them, and noticed that the linearity , even at low power levels were bias dependand, and the "flat" curve was really obtained with the highest bias, also under biased it was jut sounding boomy. was just perfect with high bias...
but these are just my considerations , and may just reflect what I experienced but I am not scientist, so these are just quick impressions I had while trimming the whole thing..
Vince

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.