Boot Legging Mic Project Ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Im looking to do some good quality stereo mic'ing for concerts using a mini disk player. So far I have been using a modified Zen Micro mp3 player with external mono mic socket with a high quality omni-directional mic attached to a simple potential divider which worked pretty well with moderate bass. However the quality was only 64kbps.

I was hoping someone may have or know the schematic for this or something similarly effective.http://www.giant-squid-audio-lab.com/gs/gs-poweredbattery1.htm

I emailed the founder of that site, Darren however it seemed his way of not wanting to tell me was to play dumb or state the obvious...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for your response, I have read through the info on those links, however I don't think a pre amp is what's needed, Darren from Giant Squid Audio confirmed this. I don't know what he is using, there is obviously more to it than just a bass roll off and attenuation? Does anyone have one who wouldnt mind taking the cover off to have a look whats happening or any other ideas?

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Pretty much identical. But whats wrong with your existing microphone? Isnt the issue with the recording device?

To confirm the obvious just in case: the function of that circuit, with the battery and all, is to provide the bias voltage required by that particular type of microphone. That's it. As stated on the web page it isnt a preamp. If your mic runs without a bias, its not something you need.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.