Jordans in sealed enclosure?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am currently designing a full range enclosure for the Jordan JX92s. After discovering this forum I read that TL do not play well with subwoofers. I am planning on encorporating an 8" powered driver in this enclosure (seperate of course). The reason I am doing this is they type of music I like needs a little extra bottom and I hear that these do not have enough kick for rock.

Anyways. On the Jordan site there is a 3L plate basically for the 92s, doing some modelling I thought a 5l would work a little better...

Does anyone have experience with a sealed setup or really anything other than TL?

BTW if it matters, the Jordans will be powered by an Onix SP3 tube amp and the 8" will be Tang-Band W8-740Cs powered by a BASH amp.

Suggestions very much welcome, someone in Atlanta that could let me listen to some Jordans would be much appreciated!!

I'm just about to start building an MLTL design for the JX92S. I did the design using Martin King's 'Ported box' worksheet, and this predicts a lower -3dB point of 35Hz, so no sub-woofer should be necessary. Of course, it could be that the max SPL may not be enough for your application.

The overall enclosure size comes out at 800mm (H) x 164mm (W) x 266mm (D), so reasonably compact for a TL design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.