Minimum Internal Chassis Size For Audio Sector LM3875 Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes...I did search :D

I'm looking at some Hammond aluminum boxes for my mini-GC/powered mono speaker project. It's Hammond part # 1444-8 which is about 2" high. The biggest cap in the kit I think is 35 mm (Panasonic 1500uf 50V FC) but I'm concerned about this critical dimension.

A lot of GCs here are set up in airy and elegant HUGE boxes but I'm going a different route.

Can someone please measure their Audio Sector PSU and LM3875 cards and tell me the installed height including the thickness of the PCB?

Thanks so much!

Thanks, guys. The cool thing is that I'm gonna stack the signal part of the amp in 4"x6"x2" aluminum box above an identical box which will hold the PSU...I may even line the power box with copper tape.

I'm approaching this GC LM3875 as art... :D

So Peter...your idea is that moderately driven LM3875s can be cooled acceptably by installing on a Hammond aluminum box?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.