Low ceiling remedy for “Dumbass”

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dumbass
Sorry I moved this topic from speakers’ forum.
The diffusion system installed on my ceiling is the least scientific part of my system. I call it LSD - lunatic sequence diffusor. I used whatever wood I had left over after building my house. I made random peaces, 2 of each, and screwed them to the joists with the left side being a mirror reflection of the right. My ceiling is high and sloping down towards the speakers so I do not need much diffusion and low efficiency solution like this is OK.
If you have low ceiling the most efficient thing would be broad bend absorbing panels of rigid fiberglass about 4”x24”x48” installed on the ceiling at first reflection points. You can add diffusion to your room at different locations. The best way to learn about this subject is The Master Handbook of Acoustics by F.Alton Everest. This book should be in every audiophile’s library.
Marek
http://gallery.audioasylum.com/cgi/view.mpl?UserImages=21150

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.