Help for SE Main Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Baikostov. A power supply, even for a tube amp, is still a power supply and you really don't have to make weird things. What kind of amplifier are you thinking to build? If it uses a EL84 or EL86 I would go with an isolation trafo, 230 to 230VAC, which rectified (with SS) and some decoupling will give some nice B+.

Erik

Hi Baikostov

I think the best place to ask this is at the thread where this schematic comes from. There are already some very experienced people around there, you make a bigger chance in getting answers to your questions.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82432

As for the parts, I would go with a assembled trafo. I have read that it is difficult to source steel...and from what I understand you have no expericence in winding trafo's (neither do I have). Also SE OPT is a pain in the *** to make right. So you would have to buy...you can buy them everywhere, but iron is expensive to transport. So you may try to locate some spanish people in this forum and ask where they bought their iron...(I know of one who built a 300B SE, but used Lundahl throughout, and that is something expensive.)

Good luck

Erik

Edit: how much are you willing to spend on the whole amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.