eqt not powering up!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just bought a pair of "new" eqt's off the bay, but one refuses to power up, i've had a poke around and not getting 12v to the main transformer and 4 caps, any ideas what's wrong?

Attachments

• lm.jpg
    lm.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 138
update, the small diode circled in red should have 1.5v on the left leg, it doesn't so untill this gets power nothing is happening!

the right leg is earth and ok, the middle leg is 3.5v power in so i'm guessing the diode is toast?

Attachments

• lm.jpg
    lm.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 103
marko said:
update, the small diode circled in red should have 1.5v on the left leg, it doesn't so untill this gets power nothing is happening!

the right leg is earth and ok, the middle leg is 3.5v power in so i'm guessing the diode is toast?

Can you take a zoomed-in photo of that area? It is too grainy when I zoom in. You are talking about the transistor, right? Can you read a part number on it?

right chaps, progress!! it's the 5 legged transister to the left of the power input socket. i know for sure as i swapped the one out of the "good" eqt and it now works fine.

now the originally good eqt is minus one transistor part # LT1070C

where can i get an LT1070C or LT1070CT from?

cpc do have them but they are £9.71 + postage!!! had a look on ebay and i can get 2 for about £9 inc post from the US!!

also, what's the differance between LT1071, LT1071C and LT1071CT? the unit i just pulled out has the following on it

LT1071
CT

am i right in thinking it's an LT1071CT?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.