Ran into a wall with my DCX2496

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building new 3-way dipole speakers and will be using my DCX2496 for crossover duty. Right now I have 2-way line arrays hooked up to my DCX2496, along with my IB subwoofer. However, once I get my dipoles completed I don't know how I can still use my IB? Here's my signal chain:

CD player optical out - DEQ2496 - DCX2496 - Dual Panasonic XR-25 digital receivers

I'm thinking the only way I can do it, and it would only be for movie watching which will be, at most, 20% of the usage, is to use one of the other outputs on the DEQ2496 (if possible to have more than one output at a time) run that into my Panny into the sub in, then run the sub out into my Feedback Destroyer Pro. After EQ I will run the output into a plate amp and use the plate amp's crossover to blend in with my dipoles.

Gah, if you caught all that what do you think? Can I use more than one output on the DEQ2496 at a time? I'd try myself but it's all packed away after redoing the basement.

Thanks!

I guess you either: get a second dcx and route from the deq to the dcx for sub, bass and midrange and then run a digital link to a second dcx to run a bandpass for the highs. You can also run a bandpass for the sub on the 1st dcx, and route everything beyond to dcx #2.

Or: run to a passive xover for the sub from the "aux" output of the deq.
Problem - volume control.

What about time alignment on the IB sub? :devilr:

mazeroth, I'm having the very same problem with my setup. I want to add a single sub, or a pair on the very bottom octave with my 3 way dipoles. Having the deq and only 1 dcx, I don't think I'm left with any other choice than buying another dcx.

audio-kraut said:

had to throw that one in, eh?

If you have the sub/bass and mid on one dcx, you can align between those.
Time align between drivers mounted on the same panel is in my experience not that critical. Not as critical as the alignment between the subs and the satellites

:eek: I'm having the same problem, just thought I'd have all issues covered.

You are right though. The alignment on the tweeter/mid isn't as critical compare to the subs and satellites. Phasing might be another issue though. The dcx can invert polarities and that helps quite a bit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.