Mazda Stereo Plug Manufacturer??? Any help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can anyone help me identify who makes these connectors that are used on 2004-06 Mazda car stereo accessories. Please see photo's

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And here is what it connects to:

Whoever made those for Mazda probably had them done specially for them. Your best bet is to scrounge a harness off a wrecked car.

Now it's possible that they only made some minor changes to a standard terminal type so it would be keyed uniquely. What's the spacing between the terminals? Maybe it matches something you can order from Digikey. Although given the hassles of connecting the terminals without having a proper crimp tool, it'd be easier if you can scrounge a connector harness from another radio or laptop and just splice the wires.

Problem is i need them in quanitities of a hundred. We are looking to manufacture an aftermarket product.

Someone makes and sell's these connectors as there are many brands of after market interface products that plug into this port so someone sells them.

The pin spacing is retty standard and i have a dual row connector i am using right now but it does not have the locking mechanism and is smaller then the shell. so it will only be good for testing.

I really need to locate makes these.

Zc

I see. Well, then hopefully it is an off-the-shelf connector. Have you trolled through all the connector catalogs and websites you can think of? Here, for example:
http://www.hirose-connectors.com/connectors-productcategory/boardtowireconnectors.htm

Maybe send a picture (or link) to some distributors that specialize in connectors; could be they'll recognize it. Or try the application engineers at some connector makers; they might steer you in the right direction. AMP, Waldom, Tyco,

Another idea: contact companies that do cable and harness assembly, maybe someone will recognize the connector.
You'll find some names and addresses here; there could be one local to you (select "cable & harness assembly" or "cable, custom" then sort by region). (You might need to register first.)
http://www.sourceesb.com/VAServices...ue Added Service&type=W&search=cable assembly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.