• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

High-end Class A valve amplifiers will be illegal in USA?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think that's the EU.

I'm a fan of anything that protects the environment and would support just about anything. But this, if it's correct, is retarded. It has nothing, or very little, to do with the environment. Do hunters still use lead? Are we still living in the 19th century?

Another Edict from EU

Don't worry at least the user manual will be understandable

The European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty’s Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short). In the first year, “s” will be used instead of the soft “c”. Sertainly, sivil servants will resieve this news with joy. Also, the hard “c” will be replaced with “k”. Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters and komputers kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome “ph” will be replaced with the “f”. This will make words like ‘fotograf’ 20 per sent shorter. In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent “e”’s in the languag is disgrasful, and they would go. By the fourth year, peopl will be reseptiv to steps such as replasing “th” with “z”, and “w” with “v”. During ze fifz year, ze unesesary “o” kan be dropd from vords kontaining “ou”, and similiar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinasyon of leters. After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

It's easy to make fun of environmental issues. And nowhere did I say we should stop mining. Putting words in other people's mouths isn't nice.

If you are a hunter and use lead, you evidently don't care about the environment you hunt in. I would call such a man stupid, whoever he is.

But this forum isn't the place for this.

If you are a hunter and use lead, you evidently don't care about the environment you hunt in. I would call such a man stupid, whoever he is.

Then you consider 99% of sportsman to be stupid I take it. Or are you under the impression that waterfowl hunting is all there is? Folks are IMNSHO getting just a bit paranoid about lead. The stuff came out of the ground after all. We didn't just produce it out of thin air and introduce it into the environment. A lead bullet just isn't a real concern.

Now non-lead shot for waterfowl... I get that.

mike

Wouldn't it be an interesting twist if we were to force manufacturers to be responsible for the return shipping and disposal of a product? I have something very new I would LOVE to return to FORD.

Why does juice come in plastic bottles? I am happy with paper.

Perhaps we might build/buy/consume less junk? And, we wouldn't have to worry about depleted uranium in speakers cabs... Arrhenius again...

I would have been much happier waiting another 5 years for CD's if they kicked up the sample rate a bit (no pun) and put an "overflow" indicator on the "digital remastering" consoles.

:(

I worry about it too at times,but I figure what the heck,the rest of the people are using SS,so that compensates!

I notice I don't turn on the tube amps if i'm just listening to the radio or something for "background noise" or for PC games,etc.. That gets SS duty.. No need for the extra wear+tear on the tubes,the extra heat,or the extra power "wasted" to make that heat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.