Hello all

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I realise I've already made a few posts, but I figured I should say hello here anyway;

The BIO: (haha)

I'm 19, lived in Michigan my whole life, I'm studying architecture, and work for a development company designing/drawing houses. I've had a passion for electronics my whole life, but decided not to make a career out of it.

I've been reading posts on here for ages, as DIY audio has long been an interest of mine. Unfortunately I've never really had the money, or time to get too involved in it.. apart from simple stuff like chaging out drivers, building a sealed box for a 15" Tempest, and building new XOs for my 3-ways (old school Fisher DS-825). But with the recent changes in my life (see below) I should be able to become more involved in the community and put some of my ideas (theres too many to list, scribbled down in notebooks) to the real world test.

As for those recent changes (I'm not one to really spill my guts out online, so heres the brief story) I'm in the process, to be completed on August 1st, of moving from Detroit, MI to Glasgow, Scotland. It's been a tough process over the past 3 years which has kept me from doing many things I'd like to be doing, mainly because $500/month phone bills, and $1,000 plane tickets kept my wallet in a chokehold. But now that things are coming to fruition, hopefully I'll have the money, and time to do some of those things (not to mention having my own place, rather than one bedroom in my parents house)

So anyway, if anyone around Glasgow, or in the UK, or in Europe for that matter wants to come over and have a pint with a 1yankee newcomer shoot me an Email and we can get together and you can poke fun at my audio system.

Also, just to outline my plans which I'm actually physically working on right now: Amplifier for my bass guitar - Tube preamp, SS rear-end (see musical instruments forum); LM3886 Gainclone amp (to keep me occupied for the next 4 weeks until my move date, and keep them from dragging on forever); and one other very special speaker cabinet build that I'm keeping a secret until I'm finished, which may or may not be before my move.. so be patient, it's worth waiting for (IMHO)

I look forward to the good times to come in my new (hopefully more active) role in the DIY community.

cheers,
Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.