Shunyata Power Cords....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since this is nothing but a rant, I decided to put it in the off-topic forum. Maybe I'm way off base here (although I highly doubt it) but I was browsing the internet today and came across Shunyata brand power products such as this: Power Cord and the only thing I can say is: anyone who pays $1,100 for a power cord, should be shot to death with a ball of their own poop, I'm sorry if my opinion offends anyone here.. but seriously, people must just be morons to do something like that. :smash:

what's your opinion?

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
From the website:
Usually Ships 1 to 2 business days

What gets me is that this guy gets people to pay him over a $1000 for a 6 ft power cord, but it still takes him a couple of days to send it after getting the money.

If I ever convinced anyone to send me that kind of money for something that can't cost me more then a few dollars, you can be sure it would be shipped out to them within an hour of receiving verification of their credit card.

Take the money and run, I say. :D

I always wonder if they rewire the whole house and ask their power company to change to such cables between their house and the transformer and ask the power company to switch to aufiophile grade transformers. Of course, if it is just an ordinary power cable with an RFI filter, then I can see the point, but that is obviously not the case, and it wouldn't cost much to make such a cable.

Oh well, I recently read about a study of pain killers which showed that placebo worked just as well as the real stuff for certain types of pain.

Christer said:
Oh well, I recently read about a study of pain killers which showed that placebo worked just as well as the real stuff for certain types of pain.

Reminds me of a study done by Princeton University (I think it was them) about the social effects of alcohol, they put a bunch of people in a room, ave half of em beer, and half of em non-alcoholic beer, and the people drink the non-alcoholic crap acted totally drunk, was hilarious. I hate drunk people.

Voltaic said:

Reminds me of a study done by Princeton University (I think it was them) about the social effects of alcohol, they put a bunch of people in a room, ave half of em beer, and half of em non-alcoholic beer, and the people drink the non-alcoholic crap acted totally drunk, was hilarious. I hate drunk people.

Yes, it might be the same study I read about many many years ago, but they also studied groups of people from different cultures. It turns out that while many people from western cultures, for instance, tend to get irritable, offensive and even violent when they drink, this is an unknown phenomenon in certain other cultures, where people only get happy and in good mood (or yet something else). The interesting thing was that when they did those blind tests on people from different cultures, placebo made people behave just as those from the same culture who got the real stuff. They drew the conclusion that maybe the alcohol itself doesn't cause people to behave in a certain way (except for obvious things like bad motorics etc.) but that people have culturally dependent expectations about how one should behave when drunk (most probably subconcious expectationa). If you get violent when you get drunk, you also get violent when getting placebo, and if you get in good mode when drunk you get in good mode from placebo.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.