Searching the perfect Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hy everybody!

I know this question was asked often before…..
I am going to build my first Aleph Amp(s), but I don’t know witch one is the right choice for me or my speakers.
Here are the specifications of my Speakers…http://www.visaton.de/cgi/VisatonFramed.asp?Sprache=english&Artikel_ID=567
Nominal power handling 180W
Peak power handling 300 W
Nominal impedance 4 Ohm
I just want to know how many watts do my speaker needs for optimal sound. I don’t need high volume. I’ve heard from some People that an Amp should deliver more Watts than the Speaker needs, or that the bass sounds better with more power, and other say that it is wrong.
So I’m a little confused witch Aleph I should build. My first choice was the Aleph 2, but the Aleph 4 is cheaper to build. I’ve read that the Amps have the same output power, but what is the difference, especially in sound quality. Or is an Aleph 3 or 5 good (strong) enough for my speakers?

Thanks for your help
The Usemen:wave:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.