Anyone heard of LOG(similar to LUXMAN) receivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi ppl im new here and i dont know if its a 'solid state' amplifier so pls move this thread if its not,

in my quest of looking for an older receiver, i got an offer of a LOG NR3800 receiver. the seller told me it was similar to the LUXMAN receivers which i found lots of info about on the net, but i could not find anything on LOG receivers or even this model. This model is from the 1970s-80s.

does anyone know of the quality of this receiver?

Here are some pics:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

any help appreciated

ok, today i went and bought the receiver for $45 CAN. did i get a good deal? i tested it for a long while before paying. the seller had Dynaco A25 speakers connected to it for me to test the receiver. the receiver is in excellent condition. everything works perfectly. the only thing that needs to be fixed are the lights.. the lights all burnt out. does anyone know how to replace them?? or even how to open up the receiver? anyways, the brand is pretty much the same as luxman because on the back the sticker says it is made by LUX Corporation, JAPAN. and yes, its called Log.

WELL you got me if it says LUX made it

IT must be a luxman branded differently they also made the L&G brand in the seventies white paint with orange controls had luxman
all over them as far as design and sound was concerned your look very LUXMAN if you got it for $45.oo canadian its a bargin will make a nice system

Regards fantasia:smash:

I actually have one of these radios, which has just died, but it had very nice sound quality when it worked. It was bought in Copenhagen, Denmark in the late 1970s or early 1980s. I'm hoping I can get it fixed; it's completely dead, so it's probably a power supply problem.

Did you ever find out more about yours?

I think I might have the manual and could put up a scan if anyone's interested.

Best,
Mads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.