I got banned from the MP3car forum, so I came here... :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got banned, like the topic says, but I am going to do everything I can not to get banned from here...
My name is James, I am 17 I live in Adelaide, Australia... I am interested in electronics and computers.... I would like to become a valuable member of this community, and just for your information, I am currently working on a car computer system thing, ask me some questions!!!!!!

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Welcome to the forum, smilies aren't that bad.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

supposed to be a laughing smilie :D

--
Brian

Language Barriers.....

Rodd, yeah it is secret Aussie code for "How The F... Are Ya".
Strine is full of expressions and greetings like that, for example, "How are they hanging ?" and others.
We have fun baffling Septic Tanks (Yanks - Americans), and are not adverse to taking the **** out given the merest opportunity. :D

Funny how expressions differ between English speaking countries.
"Rooting" for your local football team has a totally different meaning here.

Eric.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
The mask is so no one knows who is pathetic enough (like me) to root for the Detroit Lions.

Hockey is the Redwings.

Rodd Yamashita

Attachments

• listromscore.jpg
    listromscore.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 356
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello James,

I might as well say welcome before you get banned ! Don't think it will happen if you stay cool and think twice before you type.

Off topic:
Gentlemen, Although local dialects are fun you maybe don't realise that the non native english speakers on this forum are a growing part of this community. Communicating in english can be difficult enough and often leads to misinterpretation. Strine or whatever dialect won't make it easier for others to understand.

Just imagine the dutch decide today to follow threads or post in dutch only. And the swedish. And the french :eek:

Diyaudio.com will be a lot more difficult to read then for native english speakers. Same as we experience now sometimes.

Don't want to **** off anyone, just needed to get it off my chest.

yer, I spos'e I no whad ya talkn bout.. :) I have another question.... If I was to post.. say.. 10 times a day, would that get annoying?? I am not planning on doing it, just that @ mp3car, they said I posted too much, adn that too much of it was useless, and just spam... It wasn't 10 a day, more like 3 or 4.. just thought I should ask..

Hows ya bin??
Hows ya wheely bin??

If you don't get it, too bad...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.