in need of unique head unit setup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i figure you guys would be the ones to know....
I work at a car audio shop, but i can't stand any of the new headunits avaliable today. I would go older, but i am having trouble finding what i am looking for, plus i want something diffrent.
This is what i have so far....
Eclipse cd3434 run to an Xtant P500 and then into a Xtant 4180C which is running vifa 1" alum. dome tweeters and a pair of the dayton audio 7" alum. woofers ( both crossed over at 3KHz ) and then i also have a Xtant 2100C running a boston 10" G2 all in my 84 300Z which is sounding pretty good right now.
The problem is i hate my cd3434. I do have an old alpine 7903, and even though it powers up, it's dead :(
So is it possible to replace the DACs, the cd mech. and all the LEDs? Basicaly gut and rebuild the inside? Or would the cd 3434 be a better donor?
I also thought about the posibilty of buidling just a cd mech with some sort of pre amp out and running that into an audiocontroll three.1.
Any ideas would be really helpfull.

Hey if you really want to go High end old school try finding the Rockford RFX 8140. These were really competition CD players back in the day and still considered by some to be one of the best CD players ever built.

This player was very simple looking and very easy to use.

8 volt (RCA) or 16 volt (balanced) outputs.

I have had mine for many years now and would not trade it for any other older or newer CD players.

But Good luck finding one!

How about the Alpine 7909? This is from the same line as the 7903 (much of the same internals), but with the Burr-Brown DAC and "audiophile"-grade components (whatever that means). Either the original pullout-capable 7909 or the fixed-mount 7909L (limited-edition anniversary model). This was Alpine's flagship back in the day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.