Average Dimensions of Turntable Space Requirements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking at a piece of furniture that my wife and I are going to use for tv/stereo equipment. It has a slide out tray that is 17W X 18D X 6.75H. I do not currently own a turntable to measure one. Can some of you post dimensions of the space your turntable would require? DIY or commercial. I just need to know if I can fit a turntable in that space. Thank you in advance for any suggstions.

I have the same concern about weight. The tray is for serving food from so I suspect it is up to at least several pounds (5-10?). If not I can remove the tray and install stronger brackets with better bearings. So far I have found a few turntables that are close to or under 17 wide. The down side is most of the ones I have found are very expensive. If I can find one on the limit that has solid wood sides I can always take it appart and plane it down a little :) I will be turntable shopping in the $200 to $400 range so it will either be used or DIY if it can be made on that budget. Thanks for the input so far.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.