mods or tweaks for sony scd-ce775

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There always generic mods that can be tried.......

I wrote this

http://www.zerogain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9058

As a sort help guide to anyone wanting to mod a cdp.

you need to get the schematics and have a good look at the psu and output stages.

You also need to decide if you like the player or aspects of its performance. Theres no point otherwise throwing a wad of cash at it if it just doesn't float your boat.

The 777 seem a respectable player so should respond well to some well aimed mods.

I've got one that Larry Moore did some work on for me. Just replaced a few of the coupling caps in the output stage with appropriate Black Gates and installed a Tent clock. Absolutely terrific for the money, both as a player and a transport, albeit limited to Toslink out. Not really using it anymore, though, because of more convenient computer audio solutions. - Pat

you can fit a coax in about 30 mins ....just need some wire and an rca socket ...maybe a 75ohm res. Of course a suitable hole !
if theplayer uses a totx173 or similar just wire the socket to dgi ground and dig signal out and place the res between sig and ground.

I've done about 10 now on different units without problem.

thats the point .......

you work out the specifics ie which make of cap or resistor to fit in each application.

a lot will depend on personal prefference..... but the generic mods will improve the sound of a budget stock player. You can then consider if you want to go to the expence of clock mods knowing you will improve on the performance of what you already have.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.