Pearl MC Pre-Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is what the Board will look like.
I still have to check the Layout one last time.
If anybody sees a mistake please point it out.

Attachments

• layoutmc02.jpg
    layoutmc02.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 5,889
I don´t know if it is possible to mount the PCB on top because the output cap is too big in diameter.
That means the board must be lifted at least 30mm.
I dont know if it possible to make the PCB even smaller.
It would have to be 10cm long.
Thats not possible I think.

Do you have any other ideas?

I'll mount it above the input section of the Pearl, with the long edge parallel to the long edge of the Pearl.

I'll extend the corner mounting post of the Pearl to the appropriate height and mount the corner hole of the MC board on that. For the other corners, I'm not sure. If possible, I will drill a hole in the Pearl PCB and screw a standoff there. But if there are tracks in the way, then I can glue a nylon standoff on top of the Pearl at that location.

Do you have a way of combining the corner of the Pearl etch pattern with the MC board as a single image so the alignment can be checked better? I don't think I have tools to do this. Or maybe combine the two component overlays into a single image to see what conflicts with what, if you line up the two corner holes. Do you know what I mean?

Well actually, if you can send them both as .jpg files at the same scale, I can do the overlay with photoshop and check it that way.

Also a new question: The MC output is now coming out close to both the MC and MM inputs. Is that going to affect stability of the MC stage, or even the MM stage?

I want to say that I am organizing a last Pearl group buy.
If anybody wants to participate please send me an Email.

Also final MC Pre PCBs and Parts are decided.
Parts KIT costs 42,00 Euro and PCBs 22,00 Euro.
Complete KIT 64,00 Euro.
Parts are the same quality like the Pearl.
Matched 2SK170BL quads.
Please come in contact if you want to participate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.