15000 uF capacitors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
15000 uF

I am sold on the Panasonic TS-series of aluminum electrolytic caps. There are several sub-series, like TSNH (long-life and high ripple-current, low-ESR), TSU (85C general purpose), TSUP (mini-size 85C), TSHB (105C, hi-voltage, long life, low-ESR, high-ripple) and others. All are snap-mount, so if this is not what you need, you might want to check out the Panasonic screw-terminal caps.

My favorite is the TSHB for the high-voltage section of most AC-DC SMPSs. For the low-voltage sections (63V and lower, I like the TSHA series.

Just my $0.02 worth,

Steve :D

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Paralleling 2 caps of hald the value. might actually end up being smaller, or might at least might be easier to fit into limited space. Two smaller caps are also a lot easier to find. Performance should be the same. The voltage of each would have to meet the voltage you mentioned though...

rmihai said:
Hi all,

I need one pair of the BEST 15000 uF capacitors, but first of all I need them to be as small as posible.

Any idea where I can find such a thing?

Thank you

Those are two incompatible requirements!

Any way the best caps i can think of, are the ELNA "for Audio" (LPO series) but i think the largest capacitance is 10.000uF (63V)
Check them out, they are great for their size.

The Panasonic are also a great choice

Apex Jr said:
Tony and Group...
They are now up on the website... www.apexjr.com
and priced. Listed on the New Arrival Page and the
Radial Cap Page...
Here's the link to a picture of the 22,000 Uf 100V
New stock made by Hitachi

www.apexjr.com/images/CAP22KMFD.JPG

Steve

wow! 105*C caps, do they come with clamps? and are you accepting payments via western union?, that is the only means avaialble to me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.