Greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cat Stevens Album "Catch A Bull At Four" 1972

I have the vinyl - found lyrics at
http://www.catstevens.com/

Can't Keep It In
Oh I can't keep it in, I can't keep it in, I've gotta let it out.
I've got to show the world, world's got to see, see all the love
love that's in me. I said, why walk alone, why worry when it's
warm over here. You've got so much to say, say what you mean,
mean what you're thinking, and think anything.
Oh why, why must you waste you're life away,
you've got to live for today, then let it go
Oh, lover, I want to spend this time with you,
there's nothing I wouldn't do, If you let me know.
And I can't keep it in, I can't hide it and I can't lock it away.
I'm up for your love, love heats my blood,
blood spins my head, and my head falls in love, oh.
No, I can't keep it in, I can't keep it in, I've gotta let it out.
I've gotta show the world, world's got to know,
know of the love, love that lies low, so
Why can't you say, If you know, then why can't you say.
You've got too much deceit, deceit kills the light,
light needs to shine, I said shine light , shine light.
Love, That's no way to live your life,
you allow too much to go by, and that won't do.
No, lover. I want to have you here by my side
Now don't you run, don't you hide, while I'm with you.
'N I can't keep it in, I can't keep it in, I've gotta let it out.
I've got to show the world, world's got to see, see all the love
love that's in me. I said, why walk alone, why worry when it's
warm over here. You've got so much to say, say what you mean,
mean what you're thinking, and think anything. Why not?
Now why why why not?

Peter Daniel
I guess that kiss went to the wrong guy. Oh well, not the first time I kissed the wrong guy:blush:

halojoy
I know that song! My dad used to play it for me on his guitar when I was a kid on his knee. "Catch some bull at 4" or something like that. Thanks for bringing back a fun memory.

Ken L
"Oh Ken" (said in my inimitably cute and exasperative way)

AudioFreak
Hmmm, a collaborative effort. Well, sometimes it does take more than one man to get the job done:blush:

All others
Thanks guys for the very warm welcome.

Re: Welcome, Gina

Ken L said:
he was posting something to the music section and posted to the wrong thread.

read through the lyrics halojoy posted, and after that you should have a look at Peter's signature.......

welcome to the forum, Gina :wave2:

tell us about your interests (whether concerning audio or not)

greets,

bob

PS: emoticons are fun!!!!!

Not the first time

Gina said:

Ken L
"Oh Ken" (said in my inimitably cute and exasperative way)

that a woman has said such to me in such a manner about my own inimitable way.

Actually, my wife says it all too frequently - I am truly the luckiest person I know, that she still puts up with me after all these years. She is the best thing that ever happened to me, and I tell her that often.

I did scan the lyrics but when I saw the part about deceit I figured that surely he had made a mistake here :D

However that may be, in fact it is good to see some more ladies register. Maybe Karen and any other ladies won't be quite so outnumbered.

:Popworm:

Ken

Nope - not coerced, am totally sincere

I will unhesitatingly state that I would give everything I own and will ever own for that woman and would consider myself lucky to be able to do so.

BTW my wife has better hearing than I (not hard to do) and women as a rule have better hearing than men.

I think also that women as a group tend to be more in tune with emotion than men and this may well play into their enjoyment of music.

Interestly enough, I got back into high resolution audio when some of my hearing returned - my next door neighbor bought my Circuit City Infinity Subwoofer when I sold my old speakers and upgraded.

This was just a couple of days before they moved away - he brought his wife over and they listened for a while - he was impressed with the bass and grinning, and enjoying it. However, after several CD changes I noticed she was misty eyed. I couldn't help but feel that while he enjoyed it and was suitably impressed, that she was touched by the music to her soul.

You're going to be able to find your path to audio enlightment at this place, Gina.

You'll be able to get the help you need in terms of decisions and sources and how to's.

If I have any suggestions to save you time, energy and money, it would be to look in the direction of low power ( such as 2A3 amps) and appropriate high efficiency speakers - A conclusion I have recently come to with the guidance of some of the members here - This leads to simple elegant solutions and lower costs - without giving up very much - Systems, just like life, are about tradeoffs. :)

Later

Ken

Why thank you, Gina!

That's the nicest thing that has been said to me in a while. :rolleyes:

Much less on this forum.

Just the Southern Boy in me coming out. :angel:

Later

Ken

PS Without doubt I would suggest anyone interested in stretching their audio budget to ask and listen carefully to Dave (Planet 10) - I am not the only one that believes he is very knowledgeable in addition to being a frugalphile.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.