• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Capacitance For Mono Block Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hELLO , I would like to build the Angela 2a3 2001 amp inyo a mon block design.
I have enquired about the choke in the power supply previously ,but i have a question about the capacitance. Can I use the same values for each amp or do i devide them in half ,specificaly the 20 Uf @ 500 v and the 100 Uf @ 500 v off the choke and the 100uf @ 100z in the voltage divider network.

Attachments

• se2a3.2001.gif
    se2a3.2001.gif
    43.8 KB · Views: 125
You can theoretically cut them in half with equivalent results.

You may want to leave them the same though, just for good measure. i.e. just duplicate the ps. You could leave the inductance values the same too.

If you do halve your capacitance values, you should consider doubling the inductance values too to match the increased impedance of the single stage and restore the filter frequencies.

At the end of the day, it may not be terribly critical anyway. Just make sure you dont put too much capacitance directly after the rectifier valve, and check your ps for ringing.

Good luck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.