lm3875 and tube pre loud buzzing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
Can you guys help me out?
I have two chipamps and two ASL wave 8 monoblocks, running bi amped with a passive pre no problems. But when i try and use my Tube pre with the chipamps i get a very load buzzing through the speakers, the kind that makes you jump and hit the kill switch! This is the same if i just the tube pre and chipamps, no bi amping.
My aim was to run the tube pre + lm3875 for woofers + wave 8's for the tweeters.
Is this possible and what should i check?
All the tube kit is branded AV Reavox but its the same as asl i believe?

Many Thanks

Ian

Some more details may help! ;)

Inverted or non-inverted chipamp?
Do you have the circuit that you used?
Do the chipampss work OK without the pre attached?
How long are the interconnects between pre and chipamps?
Is the buzzing the same on both channels?
Is the buzzing level changed by adjusting the volume control?
Is there a DC blocker on the output of the pre?
Is there a DC blocker on the input of the chipamps?
Have you tried different interconnects?

Thanks for the reply Nuuk,
It a chipamp.com non inverted gainclone.
I Tried QED 1meter interconnects and .5m diy, same problem.
The tube amps run fine with either tube pre or passive. And the chip amps only buzz when the tube pre is used. Same loud buzz from both speakers and volume make no difference.
How can i check if there isa DC blocker, i dont know about either tube pre or chipamps?
Cheers
ian

Hi Again,
I measured DCV on the outputs;
Chipamp 85.4mv left output 85.6mv right output
Tube amps 0 for both
Tube pre I am not exactly where is should be measuring, I put the probe in the output RCA and the other probe on the side of the RCA for both left and right channels, but couldn’t get a stable reading. Started off at 1.5V then dropped to a few MV then 0.
Very confusing?
I guess there is no dc blocking on the chipamps then, I built the PCB’s as they came. Whet do I need to do?
Thanks
Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.