question for expert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a question about a PPI amps. since 1990 i have a 2075M
(very nice amp) 75x2 4 ohm, 150x2 2ohm 300x1, manual says to put a 20A fuse. last week i saw a PPI art serie, model was A300, 75x2 150x2 300x1, fuse 40A. My question is why a so big difference of fuses between 2 amps of same power.
I look inside the 2 amps and they are almost the same, I mean mosfet for power supply, BJT for amp stage etc... How is possible that fuse difference?

Do not assume your's can run with the 40A fuse unless you have compared the schematics of both and they are identical.

Even if they were identical,why double the rating of the fuse for no reason? If it works with a 20A fuse without blowing it,I'd just leave it at that.
You might lower the resistance of the power supply with a larger fuse,but you also defeat any protection the fuse offered in the first place.
Then again,We all know the silicon will die first to protect the fuse,So what's it matter?! ;) The magic smoke would get out one way or another! :bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.